Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Ashley =1.8T=, Mar 30, 2013.
I'm trying not easy finding some of this stuff.
Yesterday i picked up my new Xenon kit, just some pics of the before and after and what the stuff looks like.
Thanks for looking.
As promised, the battery relocation was done. Firstly a big thanks to Miggz and Dwayne for helping out. I will try make this as descriptive as possible so those looking to do this know how.
To start off with we obviously removed the battery and looked at what needed to be done with the fuse box.
Second was to decide where to put the battery and where to earth it.
Third was to run the cable from the existing fuse box to the new battery location.
Once everything was as it should be we mounted the battery box, and placed the battery in. (at the same time i removed unnecessary panels and parts in the car)
Now running a new power cable to the starter and placing lugs and earthing the battery.
Not all finished yet but below are some pictures of the finished product.
All comments welcome and thanks for looking.
Lmao really!!!!!!! You put the one of me holding my knob!
I said I would
You are special!!!!
Nice dude! What are the reasons for doing a battery relocate? Weight distribution/more space in the engine bay??
Well for me, space in the engine bay was non existent! So now i can build my new TIP.
Ahh I see! Cool man will be watching to see what you come up with!
Did you relocate to the spare wheel area
Yes i did, changed a couple of things though. I will upload pics when i am done.
Also not sure on what size inline fuse to run. 100A?
Just a quick aerial removal, with a mk1 grommet.
Will wash and polish off the marks.
You losing the radio completely?
Yeah, the car is my music.
Lol nice! I usually drive with my radio off so i can hear my car... haha
lol my radio is always on the sound of winning gets boring after a while!
* troll off*
Small update: fitted a fuse to the cable going to the battery. had to bend the ends of the fuse a bit for it to fit.
Battery box fitted and closed up:
Now next step was for me to start getting things for the brake upgrade (haven't decided what i am going to use yet). So i thought i would start with the cooling/ducting to the brakes.
That is it for now. Thanks for looking.
Oh and almost forgot, starting to get some suspension bits in. Front shock mounts and rear beam mounting bushes (for now) still waiting on others.
Got a few more goodies for the car, and for events.
A set of plastic cans (25lt) for fuel and OB
Some oil and additives.
Got a set of 17" wheels for the semi's (a few scratches, but serves the purpose)
Wheels and tyres on the car
That's it for now Thanks for looking.
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
As I said on the other forum, Car look good dude and I like the wheels!
I thought at first glance you'd bought 10 gallons of brake fluid ! Pmsl
thanks again dude
Hahaha that would of been quite funny
As promised a link to a little video.
Audi A3 1.8T Hillclimb - YouTube
And some Pictures taken (thanks to those who took them)
So me being the lazy guy that i am, i was not going to update any threads, but hey here goes.
Drove the car in at work on Tuesday, and took Wednesday off. This is what it looks like. Sorry for the lack of pics as i was quite stuck in.
Some gloves to try stay a bit clean.
Some fender covers to prevent further damage to the paint.
Will post more pics as things happen. Thanks for looking and enjoy.
Whats happening with the engine out?
Ahh Yes tip it upside down and undo the filler cap of course....
The coil packs were faulty so had to pull the motor . But seriously I will be doing rings, bearings and hopefully IE rods, and all the bits and pieces that go with it.
Nice progress bud. Good to see you planning on doing the internals as well. Will be watching closely
looks awesome mate. Love the hillclimb pics and vid
here is another ashlea wilson
That's pretty awesome i won't lie
Just an update as i work, Gearbox, clutch and flywheel is off aswell as the head. Pics below.
Thanks for looking.
Last pics for the day, The head and block will be going in for engineering tomorrow, so i can start cleaning all the parts, arranging all the nuts and bolts and cleaning the engine bay. While the motor is out i will also be doing a brake upgrade kit for the car.
Pics for kiks.
Just an update, and what i have been keeping busy with. This morning did some cleaning and sorting.
Then i started with the break upgrade (removing everything to get the brackets made)
And just some general pics of the sad state of my pistons and bearings.
Thanks for looking!
Got some goodies this morning
New AGU Mahle Pistons (20mm wrist pin)
New Forged, Balanced & Lightened Conrods.
I am also looking to put ACL bearings in the car, now just to find. Thanks for looking