Asda and Tesco knock 3p off unleaded prices

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
Ermm just what the subject says /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So unleaded is now 76.9p at Asda and Tesco. Hopefully Shell will follow and also bring Optimax closer to 81p

Now wouldnt that be be nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

I'm a follower of fashion so its Optimax all the way for me. but here's hoping there a knock on effect.

Great how Asda and Tesco are battling it out to be Britains cheapest supermarket. All good for the consumer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No mention of diesel on the radio. Soz.

Yeah, supermarkets just use less adatives in the fuel as oppsed to water, lol

I understood (probarbly from the internet!) that grit was found in nearly all supermarkets fuel. This is due to the fact that supermarkets buy cheap fuel from companies who also sell to eastern europe, but add, erm additives, to bring them up to British standards. Cut a long story short, it's cheap nasty fuel, not filtered to the extent that BP, Shell and the rest do, hence why supermarket fuel is so cheap. As I said first off, this is only hearsay, and would love this to be proved either true or false.

Just wondering what everybody is paying these days for there optimax i am paying 89.9 and get about 0.20p to the mile

87.9 p per litre near me its always 8 pence more than normal per litre

I heard on the radio that the other petrol stations are not going to lower their prices! I'm not sure why but thats what they said.

I'm paying 85.9 for optimax down my way. I would love to get it for about 79.9!

Here's hoping!
Rich.

Y'all are so lucky... I have to pay 89.9 for Optimax/Ultimate. If i use Ultimate, i also have to use an octane booster.

Rich

ouch!!! I'd be shortshifting all the way with prices like that!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The information that I heard was that Asda are lowering the price and that Tesco etc were only lowering prices if there was an Asda nearby to compete with.

Well what you need to do is find a shell near an asda - esp if you are an optimax fool like me.
I have - its near my dads, he'll think i'm being a nice son and visiting more, while i'm getting great prices on petrol so win win win!)
Shell have a station locator. Not sure about Asda, but shouldn't take 10mins of web-foolery to find somewhere suitable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Optimax at 82.9 in my part of the world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm sure that's only a 2p reduction.
Still coincided nicely with my fill-up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Put some in last night. Optimax was 82.9! Unleaded was 76.9!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

not really thinking about what sort of petrol to use in the past does using Optimax improve the driveabilty and engine wear or what?
I just stick in tesco unsanded.

Its actually a better filterd, cleaner burning fuel which is easier on the engine and gives you better performance on the higher revs range!

remember a story on the back from a maxpower shoot in my mates nova (a long time ago) hes short of fuel.
went into a shell garage (always used tesco fuel) and kangarooed all the way home.
do any of you use redex ??

how do you insert it into the engine?
and what ones do you use??

You put it in with a full petrol tank but seperately multi valve cleaner in one tank and fuel injection cleaner when you fill up another tank. I personally just use the STP brand. Think they all more or less do the same though. If anyone else has used and knows of better brands let us know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif