AS.net End of Year Awards

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
Could be cool (or could be *****)....

...but you could have most bhp, Nicest Audi Award, Most Useful Poster (me) Most Perverted poster (smitch/dan glimballs) Angry Young Man of the Year (amb1235/shabs) most banned user (bainsey/TTdriver?Onlyme) newbie of the year (herby1) the BNP award for bravery (JPO) etc etc :shrug:

How about these:

The "are we meant to be impressed" award for the youngest members with the longest list of cars owned in their signature?

An award for the longest list of worthless mods in a signature?

The "what's that smell" award for the most outlandish power claim?

The "Timex" award for the most unrealistic 0-60 or 1/4 mile time claimed in a signature?

The "Ministry of miss-information" award to the one who posted the most wrong information?

An "English language for Dummies" book for those lacking in the basic form of the English language, including punctuation, grammar and use of 'txt talk'.

The "Musical" award for the poster who blows his own trumpet loudest?

A free wheelbarrow for the poster who spits the dummy the most (to help him/her carry their pet-lip about)

The "Cotton wool" award for those who get insulted and upset about anything and everything?

The "Uber-chav" award for the person with the worst styling mod?

The "Internet expert" award for the person who posts the most information as gospel, but who's level of expertise extends to changing an air filter with the help from his mates!
*Also qualifies for the "what's that smell" award for claiming 15BHP for fitting it - but you can only win one award, sorry!*

And my favourite award:

The "I really don't give a **** award" to the Moderator who manages to upset the most fragile people? (Me, obviously)

ooh, so much pain in there ;) you need a holiday!

...as ever the diplomat :) .....you missed out the "read the FAQ award" for person who asks the most common questions without doing a search or reading the FAQ (which tyres/what tyre pressure/what offset etc)

I say we should do it as a laugh so nobody gets offended :rolleyes:
votes via pm?

well i am the grmmar one....icant spel for toffy........

This is a good idea ....as long as people dont take it to heart but the ones that do will win the cotton wool prize

Ess_Three said:
The "I really don't give a **** award" to the Moderator who manages to upset the most fragile people? (Me, obviously)

I think you have that one in the bag !!!

BTW ESS - that a C4 or a C2 you've got? A colleague just bought an 06 997 C4 in Basalt Black, so I've now had my first spin in a 911. Up until now, I just had to believe all the hype.

What a machine - incredible amounts of grip from the 4WD and the huge tyres. We were out on some rough B-roads in heavy rain and the thing just stuck. It really is built so, so well, and that NOISE! I was well impressed..... you must be loving it.

Ahhhh........ one day...... :sob:

C_Audiboy said:
I think you have that one in the bag !!!

Why thank you...I try! ;)

BTW ESS - that a C4 or a C2 you've got?

C4S.
Turbo spec suspension and brakes, wide body (a bit like it's owner!), turbo spec interior etc...
But with GT2/3 style wheels, the factory Aerokit, factory Sports Suspension (Bilstein Sprint dampers, 20mm lower progressive springs, different ARBs, different geometry), factory Sports Exhaust...

A colleague just bought an 06 997 C4 in Basalt Black, so I've now had my first spin in a 911. Up until now, I just had to believe all the hype.

I was the same...
Always thought they couldn't really be that good. Then drove one. And spent the next year working out how I was going to get one...

It's by far the best car I've ever driven.
Maybe not the best built, or with the best interior, or the fastest, or the most reliable...but for involvement...it's the shizzle.

I don't care that it's deemed to be a penis extension by others...
Or that most don't like yellow...

I get the same buzz now from driving it as I did the first time I ever drove it. And that'll do for me.

What a machine - incredible amounts of grip from the 4WD and the huge tyres. We were out on some rough B-roads in heavy rain and the thing just stuck. It really is built so, so well, and that NOISE! I was well impressed..... you must be loving it.

I am loving it...
The 997s aren't as loud as the 996s with the Sports Exhaust...not sure if your colleague has the Sports Exhaust or not...but mine is uber loud!
And not just loud...a perfect note. :hubbahubba:

Ahhhh........ one day...... :sob:

Go for it...
You'll love it. :)

ESS,

In the picture of your car is that a black mk2 golf that your parked next to,

i,ve seen some pictures from international and saw that your car was parked next to a black mk2 with an s3 engine ?

its owned by a bloke in Elgin i think

ARCHIE said:
ESS,

In the picture of your car is that a black mk2 golf that your parked next to,

Not sure if it's a Mk2 or a Mk1.
The stripes look Mk1 ish...

i,ve seen some pictures from international and saw that your car was parked next to a black mk2 with an s3 engine ?

Yeah, a black Mk2 with an S3 wngine, now on Porsche wheels and with Fox headlights.
It's up for sale at the moment...

its owned by a bloke in Elgin i think

That's the one...
Matt from Elgin.
He's a top bloke...he's been down at GTI International the last God knows how many years.

That pic was taken in 2005 at a Star Performance Dyno Day (by Icy...not me...I can't take credit for shots like that!)...and Matt had the Golf down with him...so it could well be his car.

Ess_Three said:
An "English language for Dummies" book for those lacking in the basic form of the English language, including punctuation, grammar and use of 'txt talk'.

Ess_Three said:
...it's the shizzle.

...but mine is uber loud!

How many awards do you want???:undwech:

You really do have quite a spec there !

Ess_Three said:
The 997s aren't as loud as the 996s with the Sports Exhaust...not sure if your colleague has the Sports Exhaust or not...but mine is uber loud!

No, he's not got the sports exhaust, but it still sounds great!

...... then, in stark contrast, I have to go back and drive my weedy 2.0T lawn mower :huh: !

I think an 'awards' thingy is not a bad idea,,, got to watch the eggshell ego's as Ess Three say's....... But what the hell, I'll get over it if I don't win!!

A good way to do it would be for the mods to selet the catagories, then members can PM or post who they would nominate, then put all the 'nominations' in a Poll for an open vote.:)

Just Plain Old said:
A good way to do it would be for the mods to selet the catagories, then members can PM or post who they would nominate, then put all the 'nominations' in a Poll for an open vote.:)

Right Oh...
As my post above then...let's see how many people we can upset! :moa:

Now this looks like fun
Ess We got our GT3 Demo today.....What a car...you got to get a drive in one if you can.

I'll post a couple of pics tomorrow...

It has got the upgraded RS seats

Be nice in the polling!

Yes thats him,

It was my car i owned it for about 10 years, sold it to him a couple of years ago, i didnt know it was up for sale i might be tempted to buy that back, i ahd the s3 engine put in it replaced a vr 2.9 lump from a corrado,

Ironic really as i,m buying an rs4 from up there that a guy has where he works,

Bump!!!
bump.jpg

Is this going down or what??? Come on mods sort it out!

silver75 said:
...as ever the diplomat :) .....you missed out the "read the FAQ award" for person who asks the most common questions without doing a search or reading the FAQ (which tyres/what tyre pressure/what offset etc)

Or the RTFM Award...

OK, no real awards ! But I can put a system so we can nomiate people for awards ?

Can we have some final categories ?

best modded car,
the jade goody chaviest car,
jimmy hill bullsh*tter of the year
joke of the year,
thread of the year,
most useful poster
err and some of the ones allready mentioned