arrrrgggghhhhhhhh FOR F**K SAKE!!

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
OMG i am in such a rant at the moment!

ok so i just got off the phone to the 8th parts man that has told me '' yes we have the bonnet you need'' and when i double check that it will fit they turn around and say ''uummm sorry i have the 03-05 bonnet''

for the past week ive had promises made that the bonnet i need is in stock and on arrival with grill in hand to measure, it ends up being the 03-05 bonnet.

so tomorrow i an calling an audi garage to order the bonnet brand spankin new for 250 delivered! HOPEFULLY THEY GIVE ME THE PROPER ONE I NEED!

P.S can someone double check this part number for me just as a second opion and peice of mind that it will fit an Audi A3 2006-2008 bumper ( full/single grill) not split

part no. 8p4823029b

thanks

Bummer! How comes you need a new bonnet dude? I've just googled it and it came up with AUDI A3 2006 FRONT HOOD. So im guessing thats the baby!

cheers guys! gops i need the 2006- bonnet as im doing the 2006 facelift to my 2004 A3. only thing is that i like need the bonnet like now as the man thats paintin my car is ready to roll and the bonnet is holding me back! grrr.

thanks for checkin people! il get it ordered tomorrw!

i quickly realise that audi was best bet - you could wait for ages trying to get 2nd hand & undamaged into the bargin LOL

YIp I think that's a safe bet! So everyone thinks that the bonnet
I ordered is the correct one for the 2006 grill? The bonnet is to arrive tomorrow

from checking the part number it's twllin me it's the correct bonnet! Fingers crossed!!!

I'm in the same boat! Bought a 'new' bonnet from Audi, one they had painted up for a customer but then realised it wasnt the correct one, so after checking and checking again, they assured me its right for the big grill, erm...no, its the same as mine after a 3.5 hour drive each way to pick it up!!!

Luckily for me, they are refunding me! phew but like you, cant find one anywhere so its dealership for me too as thats the last puzzle piece for me!!!

I know I've had enuf of dealers telling me that they have the bonnet and it ending up being the wrong one! Sarah at the top you will see the part number. Will you google it to check if it's the correct one for a 2006 Audi front! :sm4:

Had a quick look and does indeed look the right one. Also found this too;-

bumper 8p0807105d gru
fog surround 8p0807681d/682c
fog backplate8p0807151a/152a
sline badge 4f0853736a 2zz
optik grill 8p0853651a 3fz
bonnet 8p4823029b
fog plug 3d0941165a
fog wires 000979244
bump bar is D

was on an old thread on here

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?63919-S-Line-S3-Conversion-Part-Numbers&p=650190

might help others

remember when you go to get yours you can always check by using a tape measure to measure between the points/tips on the front edge of the bonnet that goes either side of the grill. The older one (2 grills) is approx 29.5" and the newer ones are less approx 27inches (dont quote me on that!) check yours before you go and if its a bit less...bingo!

Good luck!

Last edited:
thats cool! well the bonnet should be on its way to me as we speak so i just have to wait and see! but i am confident that it will fit! as the part number i have is the same as the one in the thread you posted above!

cheers sarah! i have to get some photos up of the progress!

OK bonnet arrived and its.............................

. the proper one! i got it measured up and all to make sure and its the right one! now its off to get sprayed!

this weekend will finish it!!

awesome!!

cheers people for ALL your help and suggestions!!!

today... im a happy man!!

at last eh! well done mate! I thought id found one yesterday at a scrappy, guy said yup, its here, just ring before you set off, rang....they'd sold it...aaarrggg! hey ho, give it another week, then i'll do what you did! I'm getting impatient now!!! Also after an induction kit too!!! all go!

Hope the spraying goes ok and im jealous lol