1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armrest Retrim - How easy

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by gdbarratt, Apr 29, 2012.

1. gdbarratt

gdbarratt A3 Sportback 2.0 T FSi

[Apr 29, 2012]
    I have upgraded my Sport interior to a half leather S-Line but it did not include an armrest so I still have my original cloth one in place. To be honest it sticks out a bit when put next to the new interior. I was wondering how easy it is to re-trim? I have found this on eBay (eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace) and they have told me to just remove the cloth and then stick it on!?! In theory it sounds easy enough but in practice I doubt it!

Anybody done anything like this?
    How easy was it and did it come out looking OEM?

Thanks, any feedback apreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

[Apr 29, 2012]
    I've got an arm rest in leather from my s line interior, the clip is nackered though, one of the lugs has snapped other one is intact.
  4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Apr 29, 2012]
    i have on of those armrest covers that i want to fit onto a lid to test it out... dont want to ruin my leather lid just yet
  5. Farhan

Farhan Active Member

[Apr 30, 2012]
    I have a fully working cloth lid you guys could buy off me and butcher as a test!
  6. Ash187

[Apr 30, 2012]
    how much bro? im interested!!
  7. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

[Apr 30, 2012]
    £20 paypal gift/postage included for mine.
  8. Ash187

[May 21, 2012]
    ok guys, so i got the cloth armrest from Farhan and tried to do the armrest myself, so i split the lid from the plastic which was very scary but this is what i ended up with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see the leather cover i have looks a little big for the lid so after some debating i emailed the seller to ask if he had sent me the right size lid cover.

So after another few emails the seller had agreed that i can send the armrest lid with the plastic bottom part to him along with the leather cover and he would fit and send it back to me.
    a week later i received the completed lid in the same box i sent it in and i have to say i am impressed!
    is really starting to look the part now in the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ~RS~ likes this.