1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARMREST PROBLEM?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by marnie2k, Nov 15, 2010.

1. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

hi guys i have just got myself a a3 2003> armrest for my 2006 a3 sline. i got it from a breakers yard and i have got some one to re-leather it for me and tidy up but i have a problem with were and how it goes? i do not have a hole in the centre console for the arm rest? any ideas? thank you anthony

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mike foster

mike foster Fossie
    VCDS Map User

#2 mike foster, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  4. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

I hadn't even realised aytheeee had updated that thread. Many thanks to him.

How much did it cost you to get yours retrimmed? Mine could do with a tidy too...

5. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

well i have only paid a 10er for the arm rest and i have my own garage with my dad and have a car speicalist who always looks after us so im not to sure yet hopefully cheap hehe :) is it easy to do the cutting out thingy?

6. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

Ask him if he'll charge less for two and how much. If it's not a lot I'd be fairly interested.

Your armrest was a steal tho! Well done!

7. marnie2k

marnie2k Member

i will do i always get looked after when ti comes to trade im just a little concerned about cutting a hole in my centre console though ... what is i miss place the hole? lol

8. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

the hole you have to cut only has to be big enough to accommodate the baseplate. the plastic at the bottom of the armrest should cover up any potential mishaps so you've got a fair bit of room for manoeuvre

failing that there are a lot of people who've done the job on here and i'm sure someone local would be willing to cut the hole for you if you're scared.