Armrest Latch

jdsour

Reaction score
Hey Guys, recently snapped the latch off my armrest (8P0061123), anyone know if the latch is available to get on its own, have been looking the last few days but cant seem to find it anywhere, from the looks of it I might have to buy the whole armrest lid.

Ian

If it helps... Mine broke so I bought a few powerful 5mm magnets and drilled 4 holes to counter sink them then glued them in, works spot on now

If it helps... Mine broke so I bought a few powerful 5mm magnets and drilled 4 holes to counter sink them then glued them in, works spot on now
Cheers for that, great idea, will keep it in mind if I can get a latch sorted.

i used some strong magnets too

The part number I'm looking for is 8p0864245a/4 if anyone knows where I can get it, can't find anywhere online.

You have to buy the full lid, rip off mate.

Reactions: Goner and jdsour
About £100 for a leather one

Reactions: jdsour
Could you take a pic to show where you place your magnets? Think i'll have to go this route.

I'll sort a pic in the morning. For the lower ones there's already small holes (I took the rubber grommet out) just drilled it slightly bigger so the magnet was a tight fit, then lined up the upper one.

Hi, i just got a cupboard magnet and drilled it into the arm rest
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-LARGE-...5?pt=UK_HaG_Lock_Safes_GL&hash=item4869c92271

Pretty disgusting but it's a temp fix :)

If you want pics let me know

Ah that's a bit extreme tbh :p was thinking more along the lines of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEODYMIUM...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item4ac4fd5194

Thanks for the info anyway.

I'll sort a pic in the morning. For the lower ones there's already small holes (I took the rubber grommet out) just drilled it slightly bigger so the magnet was a tight fit, then lined up the upper one.

Cheers, would love to see how you did it, think your way by the sound of it is the job I'm looking for.

I think I need to put a little round post on the side as it keeps sliding over off centre when it's leant on to one side

I'll document the whole process and do up a guide when it's done, magnets ordered so should have them in a couple of days, hopefully it goes to plan.

Hey guys, finally got the magnets, so here's how i got on.

First took out the rubber grommets and widened the hole, I would recommend drilling it gradually, start with a small drill bit and work your way up to the size you need.
1EVLiyS.jpg

Next popped in the magnets, the holes I made were slightly smaller then the magnet so they went in nice and tight.
vNORBZf.jpg

Did the exact same with the bottom half as i did with the top, also used a small bit of superglue on the magnet to the right, as i was drilling it, the plastic snapped on the corner!
QJTvgeI.jpg

All finished, Stays closed in the upright posistion.
gsqtZQx.jpg

Reactions: 54V4G3, leshkin, rasapx and 2 others
Does anyone else's not slide to either side and off the straight ahead it should be with the magnets? I'm trying to think of some way I can stop mine doing this it annoys the hell out of me.

The broke hinges can be pulled out too, to stop any rattling
Yeah was thinking that alright

Does anyone else's not slide to either side and off the straight ahead it should be with the magnets? I'm trying to think of some way I can stop mine doing this it annoys the hell out of me.
Have noticed any movement yet, will have to wait and see how she holds up.

Hi,
I've got a broken armrest latch on my A3 so I did a bit of searching around and came across this one on Ebay- https://www.ebay.it/itm/Mittelarmlehne-Armlehne-Deckel-Reparatursatz-Verriegelung-Audi-A3-S3-8P-S-Line/171673599267?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=20161027085944&meid=73135a73ce854c2caa59412e7a2a9b41&pid=100623&rk=4&rkt=6&mehot=pp&sd=181461038998&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
and a you tube video of how it would look -
What do you think? would it be worth buying, doesn't look to bad I didn't think

Last edited:
No Danger - took me a while to find one to on good old German eBay haha :D

Turned up in a couple of days and cant argue at the price.

It's also really easy to fit, just use a couple of clothes pegs (or something similar) to wedge around the lip of the lid in order to slide the new clip in place. Then remove the clothes pegs and it should all snap back together

The hardest part I found was removing the lid from the center console - a bit easier to work on then still attached.

Forgive me if i'm mistaken andyb616 is the one you've supposed to have found not exactly the same one as I posted previously if you want to take the credit then that's fine I only posted my findings with the intention of helping others on the forum in the same situation as me with a broken latch

Reactions: S38pkyle-ing
Forgive me if i'm mistaken andyb616 is the one you've supposed to have found not exactly the same one as I posted previously if you want to take the credit then that's fine I only posted my findings with the intention of helping others on the forum in the same situation as me with a broken latch

Sorry dude didn't see someone had already posted a link to one

What a wealth of information in this thread...! I too will be going the way of the magnet.
Audi wanted 90something Euro for a new armrest, and I just can't bring myself to pay that, since you'd just be replacing that same shoddy plastic bit that will end up breaking again anyway.

Thanks guys.

Reactions: jdsour
What a wealth of information in this thread...! I too will be going the way of the magnet.
Audi wanted 90something Euro for a new armrest, and I just can't bring myself to pay that, since you'd just be replacing that same shoddy plastic bit that will end up breaking again anyway.

Thanks guys.

You are exactly right....

Freaking clip broke again y'day on me shutting the lid... ***.... back to magnets myself now

Purchased the latch from that link thanks. How do I get the current latch off? Same way as shown in the video?

hahahaha thanks 54V4G3

But yeah Tempz - a small flat blade screwdriver and some washing line pegs (to use as wedges) is what I used to get the job done