1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armrest fitting.. help!

Clach Aug 15, 2007

1. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

:faint: I finally sourced a leather armrest for my a3 at a breakers (£20). At present my car has no armrest..so a wee bit of cutting is in order!

I am not the most mechanically minded, but would like to give the job a try myself..now I have read through several of the links, and it seems I need a template, a bolt, something to secure the bolt to, and a fine selection of tools to do the job - but one thing is confusing me; how exactly does it fix?!

Any pointers.pics would be great, and a copy of the template would be even better? Is it easyish...??

Thanks,

Clach

2. steebo888

steebo888 Member

i think once you cut away the plastic theres a hole to bolt onto

3. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

That is the hope! I am assuning that i just need to cut away the rectangle peice that is, at the moment, covered by a little plastic mat!?

4. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

5. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

Thanks mate,

looks good..where did you get these diagrams from, excellent!

Craig:thumbsup:

6. abdus

abdus Top Gear VCDS Map User

ElsaWin :)

7. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

Received the armrest today from the breakers and it is missing the bottom and rear plastic trim and one or two bolts..also, some scuffs on the leather which someone with a bit more patience could probably manage to buff out...

The trim i can handle, but the scuffmarks I would have a hard time with given the excellent state of the leather seats..

Anyway huge dissapointment, thanks for everyone's help I suppose I will need to splash out £150 odds for the part on Vagparts or go to the dealer..

The above armrest is available for a minimal price and posting costs, as I am sure someone will want it for the bracket , etc., alone? Pictures can be supplied, and part will be on classifieds soon.

Craig :thumbsup:

8. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

I wouldn't bother, never use mine as it gets in the way.

9. Clach

Clach A3 - 1.8Ts

I have an Auto., and do mostly motorway driving...otherwise I would not have bothered...:o.k: