1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armrest fitting guide?

Maz Dec 20, 2005

1. Maz

Maz Moon is made of green cheese

Hi all,
    Ive just picked up a new leather armrest from VAG parts for my S3 and Im sure ive seen some detailed fitting instructions on here before but cannot find them anywhere, can anyone help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Thread revival!

I'm not trying to fit one but instead remove the one I have to remove the centre console. The diagram I have says top remove the ash tray in the rear then just undo the bolt that is facing out. It has a hook like clamp thing round it that swings open. Apparently once that bolt is out the armrest should (and I quote) "lift out"! I've but a fair bit of force into tryying to release the armrest but its not budging.

Anyone got any advice?

3. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

This is what the guide I have says but It's total balls cos the thing wont move:

[​IMG]

4. sulaiman

sulaiman Member

Just above the hook that the bolt screws into you will see a hole, prize a small long flat head screwdriver and push down which will release the armrest.

5. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Does the hook need to be out towards the rear of the car for the armrest to release? You are a star. I'll let you know how I get on.

6. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Audi nutter Gold Supporter Team Silver quattro Audi S3

What size are the bolts that fix it to the chassis.

Thanks, Chris.

7. sulaiman

sulaiman Member

Yes the hook needs to be out towards the rear of the car, and 13mm is the size needed to remove the bolts and a nut which secure the bracket to the chassis.

8. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Cheers guys. I'll try Sulaiman's screwdriver trick first, if that doesn't work I'll move in with the big tools :)

9. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Sulaiman you are a total legend, the screwdriver trick released the armrest in seconds. I owe you a beer mate :beerchug: