1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arm rest squeak?

sting3r Dec 8, 2011

1. sting3r

sting3r New Member

Anyone elses center arm rest noisy? Mine squeaks loads when i go over small bumps etc or move my arm slightly to change gear. Its just a general squeak from the whole thing moving within the center console, so not sure there is a lot that can be done, but does anyone have any ideas?

2. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

remove the rear ashtray and check if the bolt is tight for the armrest

3. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

yeah i get the irritating squeak!!! was going to post so interested in any ideas for a fix. i don't think the bolts, for me its plastic squeak when i rest my arm is on the arm rest. so.. any ideas :uhm: to get rid would be great

4. owenjt

owenjt Member

Mine used to squeak as it rubbed against the plastic backing of the drivers seat. I just bought some sticky back felt and attached it to the side of the armrest, no more squeak!

5. sting3r

sting3r New Member

Just been having a look at it, dont think its possible to stop it. Whatever angle i move, touch or poke the rest from, it squeaks. Its just the way all the bits of plastic fit together, its not actually rubbing against anything. Annoying, as its such a good feature and i wouldnt be without it.

6. cloughy

cloughy Member

If it were me I'd using a small amount of WD40

7. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

wd40 it be :idea:

8. A3-8PA

A3-8PA Member

use WD40... it worked on mine....

9. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig Member

Where did you apply the WD40?

10. leeroywarner

leeroywarner Member

Know it sounds silly but I moved my seat 1 click and it stopped the squeaking for me