1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arm rest retro

philyus Jan 25, 2007

1. philyus

philyus Member

Has anyone retro fitted their A4 with a centre front arm rest? I am seriously thinking about giving it ago myself but am a bit reluctant. Everything reads like it is straight forward but has anyone actually done it that could give me a few tips? Even better than that anyone know someone who would fit it for me in the SE?

Many thanks

Phil

06 A4 2.0T Quattro Avant S-Line SE Phantom Black Leather

2. carjacker0

carjacker0 New Member

The proper retro kit is a doddle to fit as it comes with instructions and templates for where to drill and cut.If you can use a drill and small file you won't have any problem. The only problem you will have is thinking about what if i destroy my center console,even if you make a hash of cutting the holes the armrest covers everything so go ahead and get it done.You won't know how you managed without it after you do it.

3. Sinny71

Sinny71 S55 LKS

I'm just waiting for my retro fit armrest to turn up (albeit in a B6) so I can let you know how it goes when I install it. It certainly looks to be simple enough though.

4. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

did mine last week,use the template and its very very very easy!

5. philyus

philyus Member

Is it easy to release the centre console and to get it back like new too? Knowing my luck I'll get it back looking like someone has tried to bodge it!

6. Spin140

Spin140 Well-Known Member

How much for the retro kit ? 2005 model ?

7. icenutter

icenutter Member

Sorry if you know this already, but you have to cut a hole in the center console so returning the car to stock isn't possible. Or, at least, not without buying a new console...

8. icenutter

icenutter Member

9. philyus

philyus Member

Thanks ice. Yes I was aware of that but do you not need to get under the console to attach the arm rest support? What I was referring to was how easy was it to get under the centre console and to re position/refit that when all the holes are cut etc.
    Thanks Phil

10. icenutter

icenutter Member

Ah. All you have to do is remove the ashtray and you should have enough access. You don't actually have to remove the centre console at all either.