Arm rest catch

d3m0n

Reaction score
Chaps,

No.1 son was a bit vigorous opening the armrest a few days back and snapped the catch clean off, i dont seem to be able to find a replacement catch on the net...infact i ordered one for a c6 by mistake.

Do the exist? or do i need to replace the entire top piece? Does anyone have any part numbers or links for a replacement, i have black leather so would like it to match.

Cheers

Darrell

No.1 Wife did exactly the same thing some weeks ago. Catches for the C5 are available on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Centre-Co...355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aaca39323

You will need to be very careful to fit it. The two halves have to be prised apart as they are bonded and clipped together. I'm certainly not recommending the ebay catches as I didn't go for them.

Only the whole lid is available through Audi at (IIRC) around £116 + VAT. I needed beige leather which was not in stock anywhere in the UK and on back order at the factory plus I didn't want to spend that sort of money but I did get one from Audi Tradition for €32 + €25 postage. Came in a couple of days.

Reactions: quattrojames
Jeez, for over a hundred notes it can stay broken for the time being! Thanks for the response

What's broken? Is it just the spring inside the catch or the a team catch itself? The catch on mine is OK, but the return spring is broken so it's a bit loose.

The whole catch is off....ive managed to find a replacement top with catch on fleabay for a tenner!