ARGH - Things I hate about my A3

MateloT

Reaction score
1. its raining, you open the window, even a little bit and you create a small swimming pool at your feet.

2. the damn knocking noise near side at the rear (anyone know if audi have resolved this yet?)

3. the way it rolls back a few inches on a hill (DSG) unlike every other auto system i've used

4. the dashboard is like sand paper so has ripped apart every cleaning cloth i've tried leaving bits of fluff all over it. Anyone managed to get around this? if so with what?

5. The way it makes me drive too quickly every time I get in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
1. its raining, you open the window, even a little bit and you create a small swimming pool at your feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it... and then you try and spread it around the door to dry out, while blasting the air-con at it.. he-he.

[ QUOTE ]
2. the damn knocking noise near side at the rear (anyone know if audi have resolved this yet?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Get to your dealer who will already know about this, and get the rear shocks changed.

[ QUOTE ]
3. the way it rolls back a few inches on a hill (DSG) unlike every other auto system i've used

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you get used to driving slightly different to compensate (haven't thought about it for a while, so guess I'm doing it automatically now)

[ QUOTE ]
4. the dashboard is like sand paper so has ripped apart every cleaning cloth i've tried leaving bits of fluff all over it. Anyone managed to get around this? if so with what?

[/ QUOTE ]

My local hand wash seem to do ok... what do those guys use?

[ QUOTE ]
5. The way it makes me drive too quickly every time I get in it

[/ QUOTE ]

I know... but wait until you have to drive a, in my case, 1.2 Corsa for a few days and you'll realise just HOW QUICK YOU REALLY ARE GOING compared to 'normal drivers' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you put your left foot on the brake, then when light goes green accelerate and a fraction of a second later let go of the brakes? (This is also good for stoplight-reaction time, if you are really trying to get a head start...).

So,hillstarts are a bit 'tricky' on the DSG are they ?
The transmission doesn't 'lock' on a hill like a normal auto ?
Does this apply to all modes ?

It worries me that my wife won't be able to cope very well.....

bowfer : not tricky as such, it just rolls a couple of inches back, more annoying than anything. Not considered the left foot braking trick tho Jaminben will give that a shot.

Yeah, dashboard seems to rip off anything you try to clean it with. And still isn't clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

- Yak

rolling back isn't consistant, as it only does it sometimes... maybe something to do with the DSG (in D mode) learning your driving pattern (over the last 10 minutes of driving) which might effect how it is trying to engage the gears... if I'm on a really steep road, I just nudge the handbrake up a couple of notches before moving off. Definitely nothing to worry about though.