1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you Ready for Winter ?..

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Steve B5 Biker, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Steve B5 Biker

Steve B5 Biker Member

All ready for the onslaught of winter, given the car a good clean and yet another coat of wax, and put my winter boots on..... a few before and after shots.
    Hope you like em..

SAM_0394.jpg SAM_0391.jpg SAM_0561.jpg SAM_0565.jpg SAM_0556.jpg SAM_0563.jpg SAM_0564.jpg SAM_0554.jpg SAM_0566.jpg

Attached Files:

2. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Member

Looking good. Hope you checked the coolant level and packed the snow shovel?

Ever thought of getting a rear lip spoiler? Would finish off your car a treat. Think I'll give my Avant a wash and wax tomorrow. Collinite 476... the dog's danglies! If I could be bothered, I'd use Menzerna 203S cutting compound and rotary mop first for a mirror like finish, but the days are short and it's Baltic working outside.
  3. Steve B5 Biker

Steve B5 Biker Member

Hi Spartacus thanks for comments , yes it is rather brisk out there,but the effort is well worth, it in my book anyhow lol....it already has a boot lip on just not visible on photo's sorry its carbon wrapped as is the roof.....:o.k:

spartacus 68;1726965]Looking good. Hope you checked the coolant level and packed the snow shovel?

Ever thought of getting a rear lip spoiler? Would finish off your car a treat. Think I'll give my Avant a wash and wax tomorrow. Collinite 476... the dog's danglies! If I could be bothered, I'd use Menzerna 203S cutting compound and rotary mop first for a mirror like finish, but the days are short and it's Baltic working outside.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  4. Tom_B

Tom_B Member

Beautiful and purposeful looking car. I bet you enjoy every drive...
  5. Steve B5 Biker

Steve B5 Biker Member

Hi Tom yes i do enjoy driving it :blackrs4:its good fun and suprises a few people who just see an old Avant, but its no slouch hehehe....the only downside is having to avoid all the bloody speed humps lol :racer:
  6. CraigG

CraigG Member

You running winter tyres on your winter wheels?

i got my winter wheels finished(painted) yesterday, will get the tyres fitted this week at some point, and then fitted at the weekend hopefully!
  7. Steve B5 Biker

Steve B5 Biker Member

Not got winter tyres on..but must admit i have been thinking about it !! although i cant justify the cost baring in mind the mild winters we tend to get in yorkshire over the last few years, what kind of prices are they ?
  8. Tom_B

Tom_B Member

I just lashed out on a set of Kleber Quadraxia all season tyres as my daily commute is through Bilsdale up the B1257. Wet and muddy roads the problem. I have done more acqua planing in the last couple of months than in my whole life. The Kleber's have sorted all that out though. They coast £288 all in and fitted. To my total surprise the car just felt soooooo much better with all new boots on and properly balanced - absolutely runs like a smooth dream. I always used to be irritated by the balance weights on the outside of the wheels and now they are all on the inside. I turned up at the Tyre bay at 15 minutes to lunchtime so I got the F1 treatment with the car jacked up off the ground and the entire pit crew doing the tyre change all at once. Woth every penny.
  9. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

I'd already put this in Scotts' 'What have you done to today?' thread, but I guess it should go here too.

That's me winterising the cars.

15" snow tyres (195/60/15 Dunlop Wintersport 4Ds)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the boot kit now in, consisting of
    1x collapsable snow shovel,
    1x pair of snow shoes,
    1x pair of ski poles
    1x pair of snow channels
    1x set of composite snow chains
    1x 30ft cargo strap, for towing/pulling
    1x long brush/scraper
    1x pair of 'SnowTrax' shoe grippers
    1x pair of glove/mitten combo
    2x sets of 'click to heat' reusable hand warmers, to fit in above
    1x daft looking russian hat
    (Not in pic)
    1x 4D LED maglite
    1x Energiser LED head torch
    1x 2AA LED Mini mag, C/W SOS flasher
    1x Pair of Wellies
    1x Set of warm, waterproof trousers/jacket

[​IMG]

Note:- I didn't bother with a wash and wax
  10. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Member

That'll be for the 'typical Scottish winter' then Paul? You forgot the kitchen sink!!!

Last year wasn't too bad. The year before - we had temperatures as low as -18!!! I always carry a snow shovel, gloves, wellies, mobile phone, torch.

Get the car washed - you're letting the side down. Did mine at the weekend, including the wax, and it's come up nicely.
  11. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Both of you live in the back arse of invernaewhere though :p

Its not quite as extreme in the central belt!
  12. rezulteo

rezulteo Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Good job guys! You'll thank yourselves for thinking ahead once the chill properly sets in no doubt.
  13. PAULF

PAULF Active Member

invernaewhere?

Silly Russian hat removed, now donned Vulpine Head Apparel! :hi:
  14. michaelg1001

michaelg1001 Member

Winter wheels on, 4wd and a bottle of de-icer. That's everything yes?
  15. AnniinaW

AnniinaW Member

Well I don't know about everyone else but I definitely live in the middle of nowhere. This morning was -23C and with my studded winter tyres my Quattro thinks its summer, despite the completely snow covered roads. :)
    Unfortunately my car is off the road at the moment and I was only driving it to the garage to be looked at by the auto electrician. In these conditions my car is begging to be driven. :-(
    I envy you all. Don't forget to enjoy the winter weather, I know that as soon as my car is back on the road I will be out there enjoying it. :)