Are these supose to lit up

golfather1

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Not sure if they supose to lit up or i need to check the fuse ? in my A4 B7 vents use to lit up.

its B8 A4

thanks everyone for help in advance Vents

I actually think this depends on whether the car has the interior light pack or not as they are listed within it (for the facelift version anyway).

What comes under light pack option ? Thanks for you hello mate

From the Audi site it states for the interior light pack: "Includes front and rear footwell lighting, active door reflectors, illuminated vanity mirrors, rear reading lights, entrance lights and illuminated glove compartment, vents and internal door controls."

From the Audi site it states for the interior light pack: "Includes front and rear footwell lighting, active door reflectors, illuminated vanity mirrors, rear reading lights, entrance lights and illuminated glove compartment, vents and internal door controls."

Audi know how to rip people off with these stupid light options LOL

Thanks for your help buddy :thumbsup:

I dont think its a ripoff tbh, they have to seperate the different lines somehow, you can always add them obviously at an expense, but everything has a cost.

I dont think its a ripoff tbh, they have to seperate the different lines somehow, you can always add them obviously at an expense, but everything has a cost.

That wasn't a option in B7 SE model & it was FREE. So I don't know why they starting charging buyers in B8 se/ sline models.

Oh well I think thats what we call "Business strategy"

Audi know how to rip people off with these stupid light options LOL

Thanks for your help buddy :thumbsup:

No worries mate. Only knew about this because I've ordered it on my car! Haha.

NHN, I know what you mean but you'd think that things like lighted vanity mirrors would be a pretty standard bit of kit. Most things seem reasonable to be extras (maybe not the actual prices though!) and some things I'm surprised are free, like the S-Line suspension upgrade versus the sports suspension that comes standard...

Yes but vag are synonymous for changing there minds even mid chassis's, you would find some wiring in place for deluxe features on say one 8L release & then the next year it wouldnt be present on the same chassis, same for modules, the would 1 year make 1 type, next year make basic, mid & highline versions.

Its all about counting the cents for these guys & literal aswell, if they can save 0.0001 of a cent doing this way, they will as stupid as we see it.

Yes but vag are synonymous for changing there minds even mid chassis's, you would find some wiring in place for deluxe features on say one 8L release & then the next year it wouldnt be present on the same chassis, same for modules, the would 1 year make 1 type, next year make basic, mid & highline versions.

Its all about counting the cents for these guys & literal aswell, if they can save 0.0001 of a cent doing this way, they will as stupid as we see it.

That does make sense lol

NHN any luck with my steering wheel :idea:

What comes under light pack option ? Thanks for you hello mate

Thanks for your help buddy, you think its a fuse ?

F me im confused now.I wasnt aware that the vents were/could be part of the light pack.How stupid is that? One way to defo check, is to take the dash vent by the drivers offside...its easy enough...use a plastic spatula or similar to prise around all the sides and pull out.If theres wiring attached, it should work