Are these seats supposed to 'tilt & slide'?

Rip

Reaction score
I have these seats in my '08 TTS (I assume they were a dealer option?), when tilting them forward to let someone in the back they don't slide forward, meaning I have to manually slide them forward using the lever under the front of the seat then manually slide them back after the person has got in the back, is that right? Pretty much in all cars I've ever known the seat will slide forward when tilted?!

02.jpg

If it's by design then that's pretty poor, do the standard non bucket leather seats tilt & slide?

I know that in all of out TT's (including our current Mk3) with standard seats they only tilt and don't slide.
Whereas my A5 Coupe slid as well like you refer to.

Reactions: Rip
Ah well that’s annoying, there’s no way anyone could get in the back of a TT without sliding the seats forward.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Ah well that’s annoying, there’s no way anyone could get in the back of a TT without sliding the seats forward.
To be honest there's no way anyone over 5 years old (or if their name was Houdini) would get in there anyway :whistle2:

(Although, when I collected my Mk1 a few years back, my wife virtually lay across the back seat when we picked up my bro in law and went for a first spin around the windly mountain roads in the Trossachs. Don't think it was a pleasant experience for her lol)

Haha, I lift share to work with 2 other lads and usually the lad in the front seat moves his seat close to the dash and that just about allows enough room for someone to sit behind him. So it would have been handy to just be able to quickly ilt and slide at 5am in the morning without faffing around.

The seats are completely non motorized. How would you expect they'd be able to move automatically? Magic?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The seats are completely non motorized. How would you expect they'd be able to move automatically? Magic?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Um, every other 2 door car I've had with non motorized seats the seats slides forward when you tilt it, and then slides back when you tilt it back, not 'magic' at all, the 'tilt' handle unlatches the slide mechanism, it's extremely basic engineering. Usually there is a cable that goes from the seat tilt lever down to the slide lever so that the tilt lever operates both at the same time.

I'm surprised you've never seen a car like that before, I'll video the next car I see that has this operation for you.

In the meantime here's a link to a few photos that show said cable on a Honda Civic:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only/204545-3-door-seat-slide-mechanism-fix.html

The reason I asked here first was because I'd like to know if my seats are supposed to have this feature before I go taking them out of the car looking for a cable or clip to fix. It's a really common issue on most cars for a clip on the cable to break which stops this feature from working, usually a £2 part is all it needs to repair it and get it working again.

"magic" lol, I've heard it all now.

Last edited: