1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these discs and pads worth buying??

swatchuk Jan 29, 2009

1. swatchuk

swatchuk Member

2. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Hmm, seem like a fair price to me. The pads are about £175 so the discs are less than £200. I paid not much less than that for a set of front only EBC Ultimax discs which were recommended to me by Bill from Badger5. I can't see there being anything wrong with the Ferrodo disc except they are drilled and I know drilled discs can crack more easily than grooved or plain.

3. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

i'd wanna know what make the disc's are, as it doesnt state they are ferrodo's

4. swatchuk

swatchuk Member

Thats what i thought. As it doesnt say what make the discs are they could just be cheap **** things that look the part. Is there such a thing as a **** disc though?? Dont they all have to be made to some sort of standard??? I don't know as I have'nt bought performance discs before

5. Leon

Leon Member

I'll never forget having EBC Turbo Discs fitted to mine (Grooved and Spotted) and they last about 4K before they were cracked and destroyed! They were so bad I fitted OEM discs/pads back and they are still going strong 20k miles later. I would just stick to grooved ones only next time, spots look good but are obviously prone to cracking. I never tracked my car.

6. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Drilled discs are renowned from cracking and grooved are likely to ware pads down quicker.

7. s3_kev

s3_kev Stage2'd!!!!!!

pads are good but for the price them discs will warp like chocolate bars better off with standard discs and thoese pads

8. swatchuk

swatchuk Member

Ok guys, thanks for that. Am I better off going to the stealers and getting standard discs then, or can anyone recomend somewere else for decent discs.