1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are their variations in cruise control stalk?

PhilPD Jan 7, 2012

1. PhilPD

PhilPD Member

Hello All

I am still trying to get my cruise control to work :(

I took the wiper motor out to double check the aditional wire I had to run, and have also checked it for continuity... All is well with that.

I was wondering if there were different stalks for different years? My car is a 2004 model and I did notice that the indicator stalk on the cruise module had slightly different markings (different arrow design to show the full beam possition etc) than the stalk I removed. I put this down to a revision, but I am wondering if the part is incorrect?

Any thoughts? Sadly I don't have the part number to hand, so if there are variations I will have to remove the cowling to check.

Vag com has shows the clutch switch is working.

Many thanks.

2. robbie_a3

robbie_a3 New Member

i think it could have been changed around the year 06 fit the new type a3. if you could get ur hands on the parts number then i could check in my work to see exactly mate

3. PhilPD

PhilPD Member

Thanks mate!

Im working tomorrow, but will take it apart to have a look on Monday :)

4. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

just to make sure, you have used VCDS to code the engine module to know it has cruise control? I retro fitted cruise to my 53 plate A3. I had to upgrade the slip ring & steering control module together with adding the extra wire but the stalk I got wasn't any specific revison.

5. PhilPD

PhilPD Member

Thanks. Yep I have coded the engine and the steering ecu. My steering controller should support CC so I don't think it's that...

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Should support, doesnt sound very convincing, what is your steering cu version, assumption is the mother of all........................

You only need a compatible steering cu, no need to change slip ring unless you want mfsw/paddles :)

If the wires in pin 13 of steering cu connector, then 9 times out of 10 its wired all way through anyway, but always worth a check if everything else IS in order & doesnt work.

7. PhilPD

PhilPD Member

I say "should" as it is listed as doing so on the rosstech website. The part number is 1K0 953 549 A.

The pin 13 wire wasn't present when I initially fitted the cruise, so I was double checking my own work really.

Thanks for any thoughts.