1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are the a3 and a4 gauge clusters the same?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by patrick swayze, Sep 21, 2007.

1. patrick swayze

patrick swayze Member

[Sep 21, 2007]
    mine is currently not functioning in my a3, and i was wondering if the a4 cluster is physically the same as the a3's
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 21, 2007]
    No they are not, can't remember what year your car is actually, but in the UK, to get a different dashpod to work in your car, you need togo to an Audi dealer to get it coded for it all to work, which is going to be a PITA in you part of the world, so good luck.
  4. patrick swayze

patrick swayze Member

[Sep 21, 2007]

mine is a 2000, i found a place in the states that says they can repair the cluster i have, but my dash lighting also is out and i wanted to try an audi cluster if it would fit just to see if it would lite it all up.

last night i triedmy friends r32 cluster in it, just to see if it would cure the dash lighting issue, but it only accepted 2 out of the 3 plugs from the audi into the r32 cluster.

it worked enough to read the engine warkings and stuf onto the mfa in the cluster but it still didnt lite the dash.