Are S3 LED Headlights same as R8?

lozzermo

Reaction score
Hi all. I was lucky enough to have an R8 V10 Spyder for the day and was impressed with the LED headlights. They were much brighter than the xenon's in my S4 and seemed to provide a much better spread and range. I've ordered LED for my S3 SB and was wondering if they provide the same level of light/quality? BTW the R8 was awesome!

The R8 has a different matrix of LEDs and for all I know it's better than the A3, but I will say that the LEDs on the A3 are spectacular in their own right. You won't be disappointed!

Hi all. I was lucky enough to have an R8 V10 Spyder for the day and was impressed with the LED headlights. They were much brighter than the xenon's in my S4 and seemed to provide a much better spread and range. I've ordered LED for my S3 SB and was wondering if they provide the same level of light/quality? BTW the R8 was awesome!

The LED headlights on the R8 are standard. On the A3/S3 the option of Xenon headlights is £1250 and the LED headlights £2000.

As parts the LED headlights of the A3/S3 are 'just' £1064 each whereas on the R8 their are £1839 each. A broken headlight could work out expensive on either car, but I suppose if you afford an R8 in the first place the cost of a new headlight will just be small change!!

Many thanks for the feedback. I had already ordered the LED upgrade for the S3 @ £795. I had not seen any cars with LED until the R8 and was impressed with them.