1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are RSTT replicas any good?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S2KI, Nov 13, 2004.

1. S2KI

S2KI New Member

Hi guys, i want to fit some 18" RSTT style alloys to my S3 and wondered if I could have your opinion on the replicas sold by rochford. Firstly, are they good quality, or are they likely to corrode and chip easily. Secondly, what tyres should I get with them - i assume I need to upgrade from the 'premium economy' tyres that come with them?

Finally, I want the alloys (especially the rear ones) to stick out a bit more than they do so they fill the arch more. What offset would I need to achieve this, or do I have to fit spacers as well?

Sorry for all the questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  2. imported_fingermouse

imported_fingermouse Guest

a mate got a set for his TT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif and they look good quality don`t know how they will last but that will depend on how u look after them
  3. sssgucci

sssgucci Member

hi mate,
    I just bought a set for my girl's TT.
    They are genuine from the factory that makes the originals with the stamp to prove.

The guy I bought them off has one more set, with tyres ofcourse. (brand new)

£750 plus shipping which about £20 which is a real bargain if you ask me!
  4. StevieBogan

StevieBogan Member

Some are good some def arn't. I went through two sets before finally calling it a day.
  5. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    sssgucci said:
    hi mate,
    I just bought a set for my girl's TT.
    They are genuine from the factory that makes the originals with the stamp to prove.

The guy I bought them off has one more set, with tyres ofcourse. (brand new)

£750 plus shipping which about £20 which is a real bargain if you ask me!

[/ QUOTE ]

They sell genuine ones and replicas. It sounds like you bought the genuine ones whereas I believe S2Ki is asking about the replicas.