1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are RSTT replicas any good?

S2KI Nov 13, 2004

1. S2KI

S2KI New Member

Hi guys, i want to fit some 18" RSTT style alloys to my S3 and wondered if I could have your opinion on the replicas sold by rochford. Firstly, are they good quality, or are they likely to corrode and chip easily. Secondly, what tyres should I get with them - i assume I need to upgrade from the 'premium economy' tyres that come with them?

Finally, I want the alloys (especially the rear ones) to stick out a bit more than they do so they fill the arch more. What offset would I need to achieve this, or do I have to fit spacers as well?

Sorry for all the questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. a mate got a set for his TT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif and they look good quality don`t know how they will last but that will depend on how u look after them

3. sssgucci

sssgucci Member

hi mate,
    I just bought a set for my girl's TT.
    They are genuine from the factory that makes the originals with the stamp to prove.

The guy I bought them off has one more set, with tyres ofcourse. (brand new)

£750 plus shipping which about £20 which is a real bargain if you ask me!

4. StevieBogan

StevieBogan Member

Some are good some def arn't. I went through two sets before finally calling it a day.

5. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    sssgucci said:
    hi mate,
    I just bought a set for my girl's TT.
    They are genuine from the factory that makes the originals with the stamp to prove.

The guy I bought them off has one more set, with tyres ofcourse. (brand new)

£750 plus shipping which about £20 which is a real bargain if you ask me!

[/ QUOTE ]

They sell genuine ones and replicas. It sounds like you bought the genuine ones whereas I believe S2Ki is asking about the replicas.