1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are front sway links (stabiliser bars) handed?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by TwoFlatTyres, Apr 20, 2014.

1. TwoFlatTyres

TwoFlatTyres Member

Bought some new sway links from ECP and they only supply one part number. So I assumed that they aren't handed but this would have the drivers side link attaching to the front of the strut and then the passenger side attached to the rear.

Is that right? I've searched and searched but not found any information leading me to think I'm being an idiot.

can anyone enlighten me please?

thanks
  2. TwoFlatTyres

TwoFlatTyres Member

3. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

You mean the drop links right? Look at how they're attached in your picture ...both at the front of the strut and arb at both ends. If they're made symmetrical there's no need for them to be handed.
  4. TwoFlatTyres

TwoFlatTyres Member

The original ones shown in the diagram are handed but after market ones appear not to be? I think?
  5. Marshy

Marshy Active Member

They aren't sided and one side bolts to the front of the strut and the otherside bolts to the rear.
    From memory drivers side the nut attaches to the front and passenger attaches to the rear
  6. TwoFlatTyres

TwoFlatTyres Member

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful indeed.

Cheers