Are electric recaros heated?

SiGainey

Reaction score
Picking up the S3 tomorrow and it's got leather, electric recaros in it :) But they are not heated :( I've previously read that you can buy heated looms from kufatec.de but before I do this, I want to be sure that the seats have heating elements in them :) Anyone know what colour connector I should look for under the seats to confirm?

i really wouldnt bother.....

1 - unless you want to stand out in the cold while the seats warm up before you get in the car, they really wont warm them up instantly

2 - the recardo leather seats are quite snug and being leather, they are NOT breathable, you'll find you get hotter in an S3 than most other cars because of this

3 - your a man and heated seats are for girls lol

no elements present, you also will need a climate control unit with a heated seat switch

no elements present, you also will need a climate control unit with a heated seat switch

Depends if its a facelift model, if its preface lift the heated seat controls are mounted in the panel with the heated rear screen and hazard light. Heated seats are nice but for the amoutn of work required its probably not worth the effort

I agree

source loom + element+ climate control
remove seats, fit elements and loom

hmmmm

heated leather is great if your back aches :)

I also like to have the aircon on at 19 degs and the heated seat on, helps me keepo awake after 12 hr nights

I have them in mine, they are great and mine heat up pretty instantly, I make real use of them as I have lower back pain and Sciatica too.

I do however have alcantara rather than leather, so I think they are even better on these compared to on leather.

I would've thought all the Le Mans Recaro Seats had the element as they'd have to make two batches?? I'd be interested in finding out how you tell if they've go it or not? I'd really like to put the loom into mine too!

i have heated seats no recaros mind just the normal ones and i like em. my missus loves em though and insists on whacking it up to 6 then leaving it on even when shes not in the car lol

vagcat shows a seperate parts list for heated recaros so id suspect the elements would only be fitted if it came with heated seats same as for whether the car has side airbags fitted in the seats , unfortunately my **** is also cold in the winter so would be good to hear from someone who knows for sure whether the elements are installed or not ?

It's like (to the extreme) a car with a turbo but not having it plumbed in or a horny beautiful woman that has no holes...lol

Last edited: