1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all slam panels the same? will 2000 unit fit a 2002?

wheelynutz Jun 21, 2012

1. wheelynutz

wheelynutz New Member

Hi all. Completely new on here. My grandparents have bought an accident damaged s3 quattro. I need to replace the slam panel but not sure if all the SP's are the same. Its a 2002 (52) S3 Quattro. I have found a year 2000 S3 complete front end and wondering if it will fit?

2. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

the slam/lock carrier on the 2002 is 8L0 805 594 c
    [​IMG]

3. sideways steve

sideways steve Member VCDS Map User

I think they may be different as bear in mind they facelifted the car in 2001 so the headlights changed and I think the wings also changed a bit too ?

Someone who has done a facelift headlight swap would be best placed to answer your question I rekon.

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Pretty sure they are different as mentioned above... prefacelift (2000) have different lights so fixing points will not be the same... unless the 2000 S3 is an early facelift version... engine code will tell you... if its an AMK then it will fit, if its an APY then it won't (yours will be a BAM I suspect)

<tuffty/>