1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all B7 bonnets the same?

fonz600 Sep 13, 2012

1. fonz600

fonz600 Member

I bought a Avant Special Edition V2 last week and despite giving it a good looking over for some idiotic reason I didn't notice the bonnet had been repaired and painted.

Took it to a detailed and he spotted it and now I've seen it, I can't believe I missed it. So obvious now I've had it pointed out to me.

Anyways it's had a detail and now it is so obvious and really irritating me to the point I have to do something bout it.

So rather than coining another repair I think I'd rather buy an unmarked genuine bonnet and have it painted to match.

Are all B7 bonnets the same?

Did a search but most replies we're bout b6 to b7 conversions with no definitive answer. Sorry for long story for short question ;p

2. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

I can't see there being any differences but don't take my word for it. I'm sure somebody will come around with a definitive answer.

3. williams

williams Member

cabriolet are different from saloons and avant on b7 models

4. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

And the RS4 bonnet is aluminium, but all the others are steel.

5. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

i thought the b7 cab bonnet was the same

6. williams

williams Member

cabriolets are straight all along wing edge all overs curve at back edge of bonnet at screen end, I know as last year cabriolet bonnets was so hard to get got saloon one and that how I found out.

7. fonz600

fonz600 Member

Cheers guys. It was actually a RS4 cabriolet bonnet I seen so glad I didn't go for it.

8. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

whats a V2 ?

9. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

My mate has a 2.0T Fsi quattro s-line V2 (220bhp), not sure but think it means - black optics pack, black headliner, RS4 pedals, s-line embossed seats, upgraded front discs (drilled & grooved)........ I think

10. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Clear front indicator units instead of the fried eggs, rs4 wheels, black tips on the exhausts. Was just a later update on the styling, engine no difference between v1 and v2