Are A5 Mirrors the same as the latest A3 mirrors?

Richy_C

Reaction score
Simple question, are the A5 mirrors the same as the A3 latest spec ones? door mirrors i should say.

considering the mirrors aren't even the same between the 3dr, SB and convertible i doubt it - but someone with more knowledge on the subject might be able to give you a definite answer

On the very latest A5 range & B8 the covers, glass yes iirc , its questionable the mechanics that is fixed to the pillars, buttttt, the pillars/mounts arent the same, so dont try your luck as you could be very ******.

Do you mean the mirror you look into, the cover which goes over the mirror or the whole lot including mounting base?

As said, the mounting bases will vary but it may be possible that the cover and glass are the same. Im sure some one fitted some a4 ones iirc

i will qualify, guy i know had bought a black A5, he has bought the S5 mirror covers (silver surrounds) and i was wondering if i could swap these for the A3 covers. long shot i know but know you guys would know.

Have his old black ones i mean, didnt read that back.:huh:

Well i know that the A4's and A3's are the same, didnt think there was a difference between the Sb, conv & 3 door. only that they all have the smaller mirrors now.

as above, it depends on exactly what part of the mirror you're referring to. i assumed you'd seen a complete mirror on eBay or something (baseplate, housing, mechanism and glass) and i doubt that would fit because of the reasons outlined above

ok my car is Ibis so want black mirrors, could the white bit be swapped with the black bit? base and internals would stay but if the outer case is the same size it should swap.

Been looking at some pictures and they look pretty similar to be honest.

Last edited:
Yes the covers should be fine as already advised.