are a4 (b5) interiors compatible for swap from saloon to avant?

darby7

Reaction score
hi. i've been looking around for an b5 avant leather interior, it seems that there are many more saloon ones available.
i was wondering will the saloon interior fit into my avant?
my concerns are the back seats. did audi make a split folding rear seat for the saloon? is it the same or does it fit the avant? thanks for any help

I've a '97 A4 saloon and a '00 Avant. The rear seats (not leather) are both split 1/3 - 2/3 but the latches on the seat backs are totally different.

thanks for the reply, what latches on the seats are different? is it possible to swap the latches? do you think in any way that it could it be modified to work?
thanks

The latches that lock the seat back in place are totally different.
On the Avant they're four inches from the top of the seat back and are like hooks that hook over a bar on each side of the car.
On the Saloon there's a slot about five inches down into which a metal loop on each side goes as the seat back is pushed up to vertical.
I doubt you'd be able to swap them.

thanks tub tub.
i'll continue my search for the correct avant interior. cheers

MattS3's are different because audi made revisions at the 97/98 year. I have had 97 and 98 avants. and although the outside looked the same they are different in many ways - including the rear seats.

You just have to be patient, I eventually found the perfect black leather/alcantara interior for my B6 Avant on ebay, it just took about 4 months. Got it for £400 as well with all the door cards, well chuffed.

I just phoned my local dealer and they looked it up for me on EKTA, as I wanted to know whether the 02 interior would fit my 01 model, they couldn't categorically say it would but just suggested if the last 2 digits on the chassis number matched then there were no major revisions after that.