ARB recommendation for AKE

two left feet

Reaction score
Evening all, just finished the Eibach B12 update and now looking at stopping the roll.
From a brief view through the forums, it seems RS6 back and Eibach front is the way to go. Noted that H&R have a full kit for the A6 4b C5, but saw no reviews anywhere. dont do an track work, but do enjoy a little fun around the hills where i live.
regards from Heidelberg
Andrew

not sure about the A6, but on the B6 gen A4's, we only every swapped the RARB as the front was tight enough... and adding the RS4 RARB gave you a nice neutral to mildly over-steer balance.... as difficult as all hell to adjust the balance on a TDI, but very sweet if you nailed it right :)

1 vote RS rears.
i have a 2.5 TDi 4b C5 quattro with 265,000 kms so at the moment, i experience alot of roll - which i would like to dial out. saw alot of reference to the RS rears, which would be a good start. but i was looking (hoping) someone had experience with the H&R kit as it looks to be DIY. if i have to sort different bushes and brackets, i would have to had this over to a shop to do.

anyone else want to share their ARB setup?

cheers!

Front and rear rs6 ARB's are nice on my allroad...any more and it makes the car handle funny !

RS6 rear ARB on my A6 TDI Avant made a lot of difference and is easy to do - just keeps the rear a lot flatter and should have been fitted from the factory

great to hear im on the right track. looks like RS6 frpnt andback. Chris, is the front RS6 ARB install tricky? ( i have the avant quattro)..
cheers!

great to hear im on the right track. looks like RS6 frpnt andback. Chris, is the front RS6 ARB install tricky? ( i have the avant quattro)..
cheers!

I too would be interested to know, little too much roll on combe circuit last weekend.

Had a H&R front ARB at some point and the drop links bushes ripped to shreds in 6 months...

Thaks Chris, will find some RS6 ARBs then. As a DIY job, what do i need to look out for ? thanks!

Make sure you spray plenty wd40 on the nuts that hold the ARB bushes and make sure you buy new bushes/drop links as well. Don't use an impact driver as the studs are easy to pop out from the alloy mounts ! Get a pair of axle stands if you cannot use a ramp/lift...

Thanks again for the advise, will post again when its done.
cheers
Andrew

Finally went with the H&R ARBs, with new drop links. Feels great on my usual forest runs. Couldn't find the RS6 bars at a reasonable price.
Next step, A hybrid turbo and bigger nozzles from Chris......