Arb Bushes?!

S3 AEX

Reaction score
I'm gonna replace my ARB bushes as I've got a horrible knocking from them was just wondering if people would put standard bushes back on or powerflex? Also going to do my rocker gasket any one ever done it, how hard easy?

Cheers peeps

The bushes on my car were worn out as notified following the MOT and latest service. I've had the full Powerflex bushes installed for the suspension and engine mounts. It's transformed the car and I love driving it again. I had been taking my other car (A tuned top of the range high performance diesel Jaguar XF) everywhere. The jaguar has not been out since the bushes were done on the A3. Even my wife said the A3 is fabulous again. Go for it fit the Powerflex.

I fitted powerflex arb bushes to my last Golf and after a few weeks they started creaking.
If I lubricated them again they were quiet for another few weeks.
Never again

I had the full set of Superpro bushes fitted the last time the suspension was down on my car.

They do make a difference in tightening everything up.

Why were you thinking of changing/replacing the cam cover gasket?

I had the full set of Superpro bushes fitted the last time the suspension was down on my car.

They do make a difference in tightening everything up.

Why were you thinking of changing/replacing the cam cover gasket?
I'll go for the super pro's then cheers Alex, regarding the cam cover I've got a very minor oil leak and it seems to be coming from there just at the back so was going to change gasket just for peace of mind really see if it stops it. It is very minor, I didn't realise it until MOT picked up on it.

Reactions: S3Alex
I'll go for the super pro's then cheers Alex, regarding the cam cover I've got a very minor oil leak and it seems to be coming from there just at the back so was going to change gasket just for peace of mind really see if it stops it. It is very minor, I didn't realise it until MOT picked up on it.

I think the cam cover is a PITA with all of the breathers and other bits,but if you're OK with that,maybe worth doing.

I think the cam cover is a PITA with all of the breathers and other bits,but if you're OK with that,maybe worth doing.
Ye I'll get it down to my mates garage an work on it there hopefully not split any breathers, lucky TPS is just round the corner if I do or should I say when I do.

Reactions: S3Alex
I went for Superpro and I am impressed with the difference. Initially I was worried about additional vibrations and/or hardness of the ride but after a couple of days it is not noticeable and actually becomes welcome. Car feels tighter, more precise and more fun to drive!!

Great summary by Forbzeeee

"Car feels tighter, more precise and more fun to drive!!"

Reactions: Forbzeeee