1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APY intake hose

ManuGD Mar 8, 2012

1. ManuGD

ManuGD New Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Manu, and I'm from Spain. I've got a '00 S3 8L, and I registered here because I found that this forum has got a lot of information about my car. I couldn't find such a specialized forum in spanish.

I'm sorry that my first thread here is for asking, but I have read lots of different opinions about my doubt in internet.

My S3 has got the APY engine code, and my TIP is broken, so I need to replace it.
    I thought about buying a silicon one, and I found one for a good price, but it says is for the 225hp S3, the BAM one. I also found one for AMK engines (it seems to be the same as the BAM one).

My question is if I can fit the BAM or AMK hose in my car just like "plug&play", or I need to do some modifications, or it is impossible because of its shape/position.

Anyone has been through this before?

Thank you, and excuse me for my english.

2. deeman88

deeman88 Watch this space...

hello and welcome to the forum, one of the more knowledgeable guy will be here in a bit to guide you.

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

If yours is a 2000APY, I believe a BAM one will fit, I had a 2000APY S3 with silicon intake pipe installed, but on my early 99 S3, the TIP is different! It's a good time to upgrade and go for a Badger5 Intake pipe if you plan to modify it in future.

4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

X2..^^^^

5. Goubo1

Goubo1 Well-Known Member

Badger5 tip I bought it recently and recommend it

6. ManuGD

ManuGD New Member

How much is the Badger5 one and where can I find it?

EDIT: Okay, I found it. But it's too much for my budget right now :(

I will see if I can find someone with a BAM S3 to see his TIP and check if it's the same as mine.

Anyone else can help me?

Thank you all!!