APR VS Oettinger

tennisguy

Reaction score
I have found interesting graph on www.seatcupra.net. According to these following two graph, it seems that APR chip is better than Oettinger's. Any opinion about this at all?

Ya see dude, the problem is, every car is gonna turn out different, even with the same map. The graphs you provided above, which car is it? What year and engine code? Were they remapped then dyno'd back to back? If not, were ANY modifications made between? Hell, even mileage is a factor. If a new engine is remaped, it usually won't show as much power/torque as an engine that has loosened up. All of these affect how much hp/torque an engine will put out. And on turbo cars, even the weather can change the readout on a dyno.

Just a few things to think about. And I'll leave you with a peak at MY Oettinger remap, dyno'd at Oettinger HQ, measured in temp. FWD and corrected accordingly. Std numbers were 150 hp and 210 Nm.

Oettinger_Graph_Big.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

It is from Seat Ibiza 1.8T AGU engine code with everything standard. Obtained the graphs from seatcupra forum.

Dont get me wrong Drill. I had Oettinger remapped too. But I just look for more info. As it seems that APR has a smoother curve meaning that car can accelarate further and further on high rpm.

Just compare the look of your graph with the above graph. It looks quite similar in shape. So I wonder what will affect the cars in term of running with different in the curve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Nah mate, I'm not arguing, just trying to add to the whole "Information" thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

The APR curve DOES look pretty smooth, and I like how the power doesn't fall off quite as quick as the Oettinger. But I wonder about the Torque graph. The Oettinger figures peak too high IMO when compared to the rest of it. Overboost perhaps?? And I don't like the way it drops so much after peak. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Could it be a mechanical problem I wonder? I don't know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Something seems odd about the Oettinger plot, it just doesn't look right. The Apr one looks odd compared to the one posted in the performance graphs section under AMD rolling road modified K03's.

Dude, compare the Oettinger map from above with mine. Basic shape is pretty close /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif But remember, I had the "Problem" with my turbo when that graph was taken. Maybe something similar with the Seat??

For those who don't remember, after the Oettinger remap, my car "Surged" in the higher revs at WOT. Took her back to Oettinger who did a plotting run, and it turned out that my turbo was putting out more boost, at lower rpms, than the Oettinger map was written for. Dude said it happens on 1 out of every 100 turbos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Once he rewrote the map (Customized for my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif) everything smoothed on out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just thinking, that might have something to do with the odd torque curve there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, The author from the web claimed that he tested two chips on his car. Nothing different. Took a look at the graph that you mentioned Gambba, I notice the different.

I just want to know the different in performance among Chip tuner. That is why i questioned about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I think i will put my car on dyno soon. This way I can see whether my graph would look like the one I posted or not.

My speedometer is fixed today so I can now see the real speed of my car. I just hit 200km/h on expressway today but no more road to go further since the road is pretty busy.

Thanks both of you.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
No problem dude, and I hope you didn't get the feeling we were arguing in any way. And it's ALWAYS better to ask and research this kinda stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we are all biased though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Having gone up against some other chipped A3T's, which makes me feel that the Oettinger map is very good.

Ah high speed testing is what we like, but there is always a shortage of road, I think the highest I've ever clocked was around the 245-250km/h mark, which I think is the same for Drill.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sylent nite said:
so what was the conclusion Oettinger vs APR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having been up against ABT'd, AMD'd and APR'd A3T's I can safely say with me driving I took it home without a problem, so Oettinger is best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif In my biased opinion of course.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
No problem dude, and I hope you didn't get the feeling we were arguing in any way. And it's ALWAYS better to ask and research this kinda stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we are all biased though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Having gone up against some other chipped A3T's, which makes me feel that the Oettinger map is very good.

Ah high speed testing is what we like, but there is always a shortage of road, I think the highest I've ever clocked was around the 245-250km/h mark, which I think is the same for Drill.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've hit 250kph (Speedo) but geared out.... lots of road, no more juice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Made me consider taking her in to Abt to have 5th lengthened, but then I'd prolly loose some "Grunt" at lower revs, so won't be doing it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I love my chipped A3 by Oettinger anyway but sadly I have only 4 speed automatic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I usually drive in one of the busiest city in the world so I have to compromise. It would be nice if I can get hold of 5 speed tiptronic transmission. That would be awesome.

Drill, Gambba i wish i meet you on the road (it is not possible). Anyway, my car cant compete with you guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
tennisguy said:
Drill, Gambba i wish i meet you on the road (it is not possible). Anyway, my car cant compete with you guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's OK Drill can't keep up anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif In that case I might win against him. I hope.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
tennisguy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

As always, I'll simply add, Only when it's DRY Daniel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
tennisguy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

As always, I'll simply add, Only when it's DRY Daniel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me no like rain though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I don't want to be beaten /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif That's OK Daniel, we can call it a draw if you'd like. I can handle the wet, where in the dry, you're the man (Provided Sven's not about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif)