APR stage 2+ power spike makes me poo myself

dddd

Reaction score
So I got APR stage 2+.. It's ******* fast yes, but the power comes on way to suddenly.
Feels like I'm driving a civic under 3.5-3.7k RPM then after that I literally am shoved back into my seat and almost die if I'm going around a corner(with like 60% throttle)

Is this APR? is R-tech or unicorn better for more linear power?

We have an S3 at APR 2+ and a TTS at R Tech 2+.
They are both very similar in that at 4K they really get going. If I was to make a judgement, I would say the R Tech is even more raw!
You will just have to grip on tighter!!

Reactions: S3Alex
KO4 in general are like that I found.

Friends OEM Mk2 TT with KO3 is alot more willing under 4k then my oem s3.

Reactions: S3Alex
The way that the car is mapped can make a lot of difference,but as has already been said,the small K04 turbo has quite a narrow working range,and delivery can seem a bit abrupt.

Having the map altered to bring boost in slower may make a difference,but after a short time,you will get used to the way it's working.

The delivery on mine with a much bigger turbo is far more linear,but with a much broader torque and power band.....I found the K04 on mine originally did feel a bit like it was all over quite quickly,and ran out of breath around 6000rpm.
It is what you'd expect,but altering the boost delivery on the map if possible might help.