Facelift Apple CarPlay not playing music properly?

Dalzo

Reaction score
weird problem when playing music through Spotify on CarPlay play a song and it plays fine but turn it up and the bass starts to drop off yet switch it over to radio and turn it up full blast and the bass is loud as hell.

I'm playing some bass heavy music , it's almost as though it turns the bass down to try and stop the speaker blowing up

Is anyone else noticed this? Or is there a seperate sound setting menu for CarPlay?

Not actually used CarPlay on mine after collecting, but noticed there's been an iOS 10 update in the last couple of days. Are you running latest iOS...?

Reactions: Dalzo
Not actually used CarPlay on mine after collecting, but noticed there's been an iOS 10 update in the last couple of days. Are you running latest iOS...?

I've not updated my phone yet, I'll try my iPad tommorow and see if that does the trick!

Reactions: Gordo77
Do you have the same issue with the Apple music app? I have found the quality of playback using Car Play with my iPhone is utterly shocking!!

I need to try Bluetooth, or hardwiring outside of Car Play. Until I saw this post, I assumed it was just the sound system. My bass drops out terrible, really disappointing.

Still stumped at this, tried connect via CarPlay then going into settings and manually turning the bass up,done nothing.

Connected it via Bluetooth and it's the same tries spotify and podcasts no difference.
Starting to think it may be the lightning cable that is causing it, previously used an mmi cable on my golf r and the sound quality was great.

I was struggling with a similar issue (bass dropping as volume increased) and my B&O system just didn't seem very loud. Found the problem was actually a setting on the phone rather than the car. As soon as I turned off the sound check option everything sounded like it should. Not sure if this will have any affect when using Spotify though but maybe there is a similar option within the app (I don't use it so I can't check)

IMG 0161

Problem solved, and I am chuffed to bits. I have been gutted the 2 weeks I've had the car that the sound system was a huge disappointment. BUT, I turned off CarPlay today and went back to the traditional Telephone and Media setup, wow! The Audi system in the FL S3 standard is more than up to it, very impressed! I have the bass on max, I have no volume reduction happening. Only under really bass intensive songs am I getting any sound reduction, and that's on maximum volume. Very happy, turn off CarPlay!!

It must be something on the phone side when running CarPlay. But I'm not bothered, I never got on with CarPlay. Numerous times I've wanted to change back, reason I haven't is the whole 'I need to move with the times and it can't be worse mindset'. What bugged me with CarPlay is say moving between Nav and CarPlay, you'd have to go back to the menu and select it then go back through to where you were. The telephone setup is better, but I don't think the music is much better. The Media layout on the Audi Media program is perfect, still get to view playlists etc. The only loss would be for those of you who use Spotify, which I don't.

I will mention it to Audi next time I pop in, just to see if they have any idea of what's going on.

Reactions: Gordo77
Was a solution ever found here? I stopped using CarPlay for this exact reason!

Not for Car Play, seems that the phone protects the output and ruins the sound. Plus I don’t really like Car Play, I look at my phone enough without seeing it when I’m driving too haha.

I’m driving a Focus at the moment, using Car Play in that because their infotainment system is *****! Touch screens in cars are dangerous, full stop. By the time you stare and find your buttons amongst the 30 on the screen, you are about to press it and hit a bump and you’re on the wrong page. Then it takes you 30 seconds of doing nothing but stare at the screen to find where you need to be. I really hope Audi NEVER go touch screen, it’s really dangerous and this is why the manufacturers all have disclaimers that you sign any rights of your life away when the screen boots.

Hi folks
I’ve signed up so I can add to this thread. I found a solution that works for me. This was also an issue for me, bass dropping out when connected to CarPlay. My work around is to open Spotify and play a playlist BEFORE I connect it to CarPlay. Once CarPlay loads, the playlist plays and the bass level is much higher than before. You have full access to CarPlay as before, but with increased levels of bass.
I hope this helps. Let me know if this works for anyone else.
Matt

Hi folks
I’ve signed up so I can add to this thread. I found a solution that works for me. This was also an issue for me, bass dropping out when connected to CarPlay. My work around is to open Spotify and play a playlist BEFORE I connect it to CarPlay. Once CarPlay loads, the playlist plays and the bass level is much higher than before. You have full access to CarPlay as before, but with increased levels of bass.
I hope this helps. Let me know if this works for anyone else.
Matt

Thanks for sharing. For sure worth a try as well.

Anyone found a solution for this many years later?

I've tried the suggestions in the thread, but no luck.

The bass sounds limited and the volume is much lower with CarPlay. The regular bluetooth MMI player is miles better, which is a shame because I really like CarPlay.

Anyone found a solution for this many years later?

I've tried the suggestions in the thread, but no luck.

The bass sounds limited and the volume is much lower with CarPlay. The regular bluetooth MMI player is miles better, which is a shame because I really like CarPlay.
I was in contact with a few retrofit company's here in Denmark who could perform a version upgrade to the head unit. That way it would get the same version as the later produced car (with exact same hardware). Audi could not offer the same upgrade and told me it was a safety setting, strange enough they then removed it for later produced cars??? Anyways, I never proceeded with the upgrade as we sold the car.

I was in contact with a few retrofit company's here in Denmark who could perform a version upgrade to the head unit. That way it would get the same version as the later produced car (with exact same hardware). Audi could not offer the same upgrade and told me it was a safety setting, strange enough they then removed it for later produced cars??? Anyways, I never proceeded with the upgrade as we sold the car.
Thanks for the response. I'll get in contact with those local to me and report back. Cheers.