App radio on pioneer avh 8400bt

a little update, the app radio extensions hack has is going through a beta where the system can control the iphone on unsupported apps. I have tested it and it works although there are some bugs to it. this is looking very promising!
I wish there was a way of having one app running on the system screen and a second app on the iphone screen.

Guys is this all I will need to connect up the app radio? itwasntme I think you provided this link but I just wanted to confirm?

CTKAU01 Audi A3 Radio Installation Kit

Im thinking that I will literally need this and the actually head unit and im good to go? I have MFSW and DO NOT have bose.

there are 2 kits depending on the year of your car, both will support the bose and non bose option:

2004-2006
Audi A3 (2004-2006) Double Din Car CD Stereo Fitting Kit Fascia, Stalk Control | eBay

2006-2009
Audi A3 (2006-2009) Double Din Car CD Stereo Fitting Kit Fascia, Stalk Control | eBay

You just need to specify what make stereo you have so that you get the correct patch lead to get the MFSW to work correctly.

also here is the extra kit you can get with the adjustable cage fitting to get a 'flush' fit
Connects 2 CT23AU02A - Audi A3 Double Din Facia Panel Adaptor

Awesome thank you! A3 is late 2011, do I need the second kit or something different altogether?

well the difference between the 2 kits is that the second one is a quadlock to ISO connector and the 2011 cars still use quadlock s should be the same kit. if any doubts just call dynamic sounds and confirm

well the difference between the 2 kits is that the second one is a quadlock to ISO connector and the 2011 cars still use quadlock s should be the same kit. if any doubts just call dynamic sounds and confirm

Will do, cheers Ash :icon_thumright:

EDIT: Also where did you get your camera from? Is it easy to hook up?

Camera is from ebay china, plugging it in is simple but wiring it up to the boot is a pain in the a**!
id be happy for you to pay me to do it for you though... takes a few hours to install

My Iphone keeps overheating when connected to the AVH 8400BT!...

Ash- I know you also have this problem...

Has anyone experienced this?

yh it hasnt happened lately. i read on the avic forums that it had something to do with full screen apps but as i dont really use my iphone on the stereo (i have a dedicated ipod for music in the car) i just make sure i kill the music app from working in the background (using sbssettings with the processes button on my jailbroken iphone) and it seems to be fine.
im not sure what the pioneer unit is actually doing to the iphone that makes it heat up.

Got mine fitted now see what you mean about the cage

Mine pokes out a bit

ahh i forgot to update that on here...

so i started trimming the outer trim down from behind until i got it to level up with the fascia and then i adjusted the adjustable cage (not the standard pioneer one) to push the stereo back and this is what i have now.

1def1255.jpg

701f9c92.jpg

8ff45bc1.jpg

I will be replacing the trim as it has bowed over the year and half that i have had it but it still looks decent.

Just finished installing mine, have fitted all the cables just to get it working etc so still have to fit the cage, all I can say is WOW!!! First thing I noticed was the now amped front speakers! Its like having two small subs in there. LOVE IT!

Ive got one question, what the hell does this cable do?!

photo2.jpg

Also have a couple of RCA cables and am unsure where they go, Ash can you help at all?

Haha wicked cheers Ash. I was confused as the radio works well without this? Maybe it makes the signal stronger. Liking it so far mate! Still got to fit the cage :think:

also do you have bose in your car? if so then you need to connect the RCAs, if not then you dont need them at all as the speakers are wired into the plugs.

which cage did you get? the original pioneer one or the adjustable one?

You don't need the pads, the gold plates go on the side of the headunit with the metal supports holding them into place with the screws going into the side of the unit
make sure the gold plate had the teeth facing outwards and the clip facing towards front of the headunit

I have just had this unit fitted into my 08 TT. The unit is great, but the iPhone 5 screen makes the Pioneer's look a bit naff in comparison. Anyway back to the OP's topic...... I too can not get the App Radio to work, I have the additional CA-IW.201S iPod/iPhone 4/4S to USB Connection Cable and I am using the Apple 32pin to New connector adapter to connect to my iPhone 5.

Now here are three things which may be affecting the App Radio opperation
1) The CA-IW.201S iPod/iPhone 4/4S to USB Connection Cable has to be plugged into USB 1 on the back of the unit (how we are supposed to know the difference between 1 & 2 I don't know.
2) The Apple 32 (iPhone 4 connector) pin to new connector adapter dosn't support video.
3) The Pioneer Head Unit needs to be upgraded to the new firmware so as to be compatible to iOS6

Any thoughts?

Also dose anyone know how to flash the new firmware to the 8400? in other words can it be done via SD card?

I have just had this unit fitted into my 08 TT. The unit is great, but the iPhone 5 screen makes the Pioneer's look a bit naff in comparison. Anyway back to the OP's topic...... I too can not get the App Radio to work, I have the additional CA-IW.201S iPod/iPhone 4/4S to USB Connection Cable and I am using the Apple 32pin to New connector adapter to connect to my iPhone 5.

Now here are three things which may be affecting the App Radio opperation
1) The CA-IW.201S iPod/iPhone 4/4S to USB Connection Cable has to be plugged into USB 1 on the back of the unit (how we are supposed to know the difference between 1 & 2 I don't know.
2) The Apple 32 (iPhone 4 connector) pin to new connector adapter dosn't support video.
3) The Pioneer Head Unit needs to be upgraded to the new firmware so as to be compatible to iOS6

Any thoughts?

Also dose anyone know how to flash the new firmware to the 8400? in other words can it be done via SD card?

Might be done Via USB Stick.

Check out this forum ..it's all u need for the app radios : AppRadio & AppRadio 2 - AVIC411.com