Apexi avc-r

No need for one.... N75 and decent mapping is all thats required...

Can even do gear based boost and fixed duty on ME7... AVCr is just not needed :)

<tuffty/>

So your not running any sort of aftermarket boost controller on your car then

No, nobody does. Because we have one of the most efficient boost control systems factory fitted, N75 IS an electronic boost controller.

What are you trying to achieve?

I'm going to be running tial external waste gate with a 0.8 bar spring but going to be running more boost than that so was going to run an aftermarket boost controller to compensate it but if the n75 can do it then that's that

So your not running any sort of aftermarket boost controller on your car then

Nope... I have map switching (5 maps), no lift shift (WOT box effectively) and launch control... all mapped directly to the OE ECU... my power map runs 1.8bar while the others run between 1 bar an 1.6bar... there is no need to run after market boost controllers at all... a decent tuner (Badger5, R-Tech) can do all this on OE management

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Paradox1 and 16Klappe
So do you run a standard n75 or a race frequency one

Standard.

Race frequency ones are a total waste of time, the N75 does what the tuner tells it too. And as such it is ALL down to the mapping.

Who is doing the mapping?

Not too sure yet there's a guy who dose alot of stuff for a company called drift bits that comes highly recommended and he's local but maybe try and get an appointment at badger 5 when it's all done plenty to do yet plus I gotta run the engine in for 1000-1500 miles once it's running

Full N75 control is not something all "tuners" can manage
Map switching for differing boost levels or gear based boost, is also not possible by majority of tuners for 1.8t

It can be done... all with N75... but your choice of tuner will need to be able to do this. those who cannot properly control the n75 will often offer external means of boost control via ebc or mbc.... BUT this is because they cannot tune N75 properly not because it cant be done, because it can and I do it all of the time.

Also... 0.8bar, is that the tial springs or the actual boost you see on actuator only pressure. I mention this as not once have I ever seen a tial spring rate achieve their figures... Usually way way higher boosts are actual, which if you want a decent Range of Control, setting the low psi via changing their springs will be important.. I set and check tials off the car with compressor and pressure regulator so I see what pressure the valve actually opens up... and a tial 0.8bar spring will open at 22-25psi in reality to prepare you.

regards
bill

So many tuners will tell you that big turbo boost control is impossible, but as above, they'll only tell you that because they can't do it, and then they'll try and sell you a boost controller!

plus I gotta run the engine in for 1000-1500 miles once it's running

That one is an old myth too chap, not need for such miles at all.

The running in process is mainly for the Rings, and they're mainly done after the first 100 miles or so.

I ran mine on mineral oil from 0-50 miles, then more mineral from 50-300 miles, then filled it up with fully synth and it went for mapping.

Full throttle and 6k rpm within the first 10 miles on mine too, plenty of load and throttle, just keep it on actuator pressure / very low boost.

Cylinder pressures during running in get behind the rings and force them into the bore bedding them in nicely. Low revs and load for many miles will just glaze them up.

Cheers for the advice guys I think I will take it to bill at badger 5 for the mapping if he's willing to do it gona be a couple of months yet till its finished thou