Anywhere to go in or near Glasgow???

OutLore

VOIP Dude
Reaction score
Going to be in Glasgow this weekend with no work to do on Sunday....

Any recommendations as to where to go in the car? Anyone up for an inpromtu meet? I'm leaving tomorrow morning (and might not have access to the web after that) so PM me and let me know if you are around.....

Glasgow Science Centre LOL, at least the IMAX works /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is the Horseshoe bar still there, it had one of the largest bars in Britain at one time IIRC.

Wrong time of year for things like Botanic Gardens etc.

As said, loads of shopping all within walking distance. Good city if you like curries too.

If you are mobile theres an awful lot of places you can get to around Glasgow very quickly. If the weathers any good head up the west coast, or at least as far as Loch Lomond or the Trossachs for the scenery. New Lanark (newlanark.org) is supposed to be good (to the South), Falkirk Wheel is the rotating boat lift to the East (thefalkirkwheel.co.uk). If you're into golf then Troon is down off the end of the A/ M77

If you're talking about where to go for a quick blast in the car then head for Bearsden and then take the A809 (Stockiemuir Road) North towards Loch Lomond. Cracking drive but I've not been on it for ages so it might have cameras now. Notorious for bikers during the summer.

Most stop at Carbeth Inn for a pint then belt off, possibly ending their journey embedded in a tree.

Give the car a good wash, get your camera, and head off along the south side of the Clyde to Wemyss Bay, then take the ferry to Rothesay on the Isle of Bute. Go to Ettrick Bay at sunset & take the best pics of your car you could ever dream of.

Car6.jpg

Well, I'm back now - made it back in 4hours 23 minutes (not bad, hehe) driving through the night, no traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Spent the whole day on Sunday around Loch Lomond - what a beautiful place that is, absolutely incredible. Did about 240 miles in total, including getting completely lost, which was awesome.

I'm definately going back in summertime for a weekend break.....

Will post what few pics I took a bit later

Summer could be spoilt by caravans and you have to watch out for all the bikers! You should stop off at the Drovers for a drink. Used to stop off after Skiing and sit in front of the large open fireplace. Place hasn't changed in hundreds of years LOL.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm back now - made it back in 4hours 23 minutes (not bad, hehe) driving through the night, no traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

4 hours 23 minutes, in a helicopter yes? or do you live just over the boarder and travel far for our meetings? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
4 hours 23 minutes, in a helicopter yes? or do you live just over the boarder and travel far for our meetings? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, no helicopter for me, although it would appear that I screwed up my EGR valve on the way, lol.....