Anything to worry about?

PeteA7S/Back

Reaction score
My car threw up a brake pad low warning on me today after being sat for a couple of weeks with very minimal use. I had the wheels off to see if there was anything immediate wrong i.e sensor wires etc but couldn't see anything. Going to give it a good run as the pads still have loads of meat left on them for me not to be worried for now. Any recommendations for pads? 3.0 tdi Quattro.
Anyway more to the point while I was under there I noticed that a subframe bush/mount had a little bit of material loose. There's no play in the mount and everything is solid so no alligntment issues as it just seems to be the bottom section of mount that's exposed tot he elements has become brittle and broken off. I've tried to attach a pic hopefuly. With it having no movement at all and no adverse handling to report rec I'm not worried but would be keen for some info on people's experience of these. Cheers people.

Attachments

• 20170902_180419.jpg
    20170902_180419.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 98
It's normal, and will not cause a problem, you could give them a wire brush and stick a bit of stonechip on them.

Reactions: PeteA7S/Back
Cheers fella. Exactly what I was thinking. Just clean it up and cover up to stop any more crap building up.