1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone...

Discussion in 'Volkswagen and other VAG' started by amoffat, Jan 14, 2003.

1. amoffat

amoffat Member

Driven an R32 yet? My local VW dealer told me that he wouldn't have one until march and that would be going straight to a customer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Its so cheeky, dealers not having demo's of new performance models /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anyone, I wanna know what its like, might be getting one, so get posting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  2. Highlander

Highlander New Member

I asked my local dealer about a test drive & was told that there weren't any demonstrators being registered. All the cars would be going straight to the customers.
    They're going to give me a call when they get their first one in, but it'll only be for a look around it!
  3. s4dreamer

s4dreamer New Member

Look on the uk-mkivs forum Moff - there's a couple of guys who have already got theirs on there. Mine's still at least 4-5 months away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  4. 18ME

18ME Member

Mine is due very soon, hopefully for 1st March new 03 plate and I'm having my dealers demo car that they ordered ages ago. A sales guy from Listers in Worcester said that a couple of their bosses at the dealership have ordered for themselves, so maybe they will let genuine buyers take their cars out. I don't know but its worth asking.

But as S4Dreamer said, try http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/
  5. Chins

Chins Member

If I dont change my mind and buy another RS4 mine is about a week away. I'll obviously post my thoughts.

S3 vs Chipped S3 vs Leon Cupra R vs R32 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One things for certain my Cupra R goes to a new home on Friday.

Jonathan
  6. Jon

Jon Member

I just called my local dealer and they said they won't have a demonstrator for ages, there will be one i can look at in mid February.

If i want one, they want a grand deposit and can't offer delivery until sometime next year due to them having sold this years allocation of 4 cars.

Might be time to look at importing, anybody tried this yet?

Jon.
  7. Drystone

Drystone Member

Chins,

Have you enjoyed the Cupra-R? S3Moff took one for a test drive and rated it quite highly. Be interesting to hear your impressions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Christian
  8. Drystone

Drystone Member

Copied this short review off another forum. Gives a bit of an insight into a new owners first impressions of his R32:

"Ok Folks - not very good pictures, but taken before I left the dealer. I have been out and about all weekend - Doing A roads. Motorways and small country roads. The weather down here has been horrible, so the car is now filthy. All my expectations have been surpassed. This car really is a phenomenal beast. It has so much strength and power. The sound it makes is perfect, not intrusive but always there. Give the throttle a little gas and the Exhaust note responds with a gurgle then a below if you keep pushing!! First gear is a hard gear to drive away in as the car just wants to pull you up into 2nd very quickly. I think over time I will master this, but a t present my slow pull away from standing is a bit snatched.

I have given the engine a bit of a push on occasions, even up to 5000rpm on a couple of instances (but backed off quickly). I guess the biggest thing about this car is the amount of Torque it delivers at low revs (something I am not used to in my old 16v!)

I have a couple of questions for those more familiar with MK4's than I am.

Q1) The handbook mentions an "auto fold in" function for the drivers mirrors ?? They are heated on the R32 but I cannot understand how this can happen?? Or as I suspect this feature does not appear in the UK.
    Q2) On my old car (mk3 16v) when I pressed the locking button on the key fob the windows and sunroof automatically closed. I cannot seem to find how if at all this golf does this??

The only annoying thing is that I commute to work in London by Train and as such the R32 is left alone all day, I will only really be able to drive at the weekends, such a shame but would not fancy driving into the city each day. I would be worried sick that someone would damage or steal her. I will get some nice pictures next weekend after I have cleaned and polished her AGAIN."

Christian
  9. Chins

Chins Member

Posted my Cupra R thoughts on the Leon R review.

Ive sort of enjoyed the Cupra. Wont miss it though. Looks nice, but the drive has never excited me. Maybe Ive been spoilt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm interested to see how I get on with the R32 in comparison or whether it will be up on Autotrader before Feb finishes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif At least with the demand for R32's and mine being in Pearl Blue I wont lose loads, but can add it to my list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jonathan
  10. Chins

Chins Member

My baby

[​IMG]
  11. 18ME

18ME Member

Niiiice. I looked on the MkIV site to see your pics but they are not there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So I thought I might find you here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  12. Chins

Chins Member

Couple more at

www.r32.org.uk

New Camera and my first quick go at getting pictures online

Jonathan
  13. 18ME

18ME Member

So is your surname Sergy than? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  14. JohnH

JohnH Member