Anyone...

amoffat

Reaction score
Website
www.uk.experian.com
Driven an R32 yet? My local VW dealer told me that he wouldn't have one until march and that would be going straight to a customer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Its so cheeky, dealers not having demo's of new performance models /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anyone, I wanna know what its like, might be getting one, so get posting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I asked my local dealer about a test drive & was told that there weren't any demonstrators being registered. All the cars would be going straight to the customers.
They're going to give me a call when they get their first one in, but it'll only be for a look around it!

Look on the uk-mkivs forum Moff - there's a couple of guys who have already got theirs on there. Mine's still at least 4-5 months away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mine is due very soon, hopefully for 1st March new 03 plate and I'm having my dealers demo car that they ordered ages ago. A sales guy from Listers in Worcester said that a couple of their bosses at the dealership have ordered for themselves, so maybe they will let genuine buyers take their cars out. I don't know but its worth asking.

But as S4Dreamer said, try http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/

If I dont change my mind and buy another RS4 mine is about a week away. I'll obviously post my thoughts.

S3 vs Chipped S3 vs Leon Cupra R vs R32 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One things for certain my Cupra R goes to a new home on Friday.

Jonathan

I just called my local dealer and they said they won't have a demonstrator for ages, there will be one i can look at in mid February.

If i want one, they want a grand deposit and can't offer delivery until sometime next year due to them having sold this years allocation of 4 cars.

Might be time to look at importing, anybody tried this yet?

Jon.

Chins,

Have you enjoyed the Cupra-R? S3Moff took one for a test drive and rated it quite highly. Be interesting to hear your impressions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Christian

Copied this short review off another forum. Gives a bit of an insight into a new owners first impressions of his R32:

"Ok Folks - not very good pictures, but taken before I left the dealer. I have been out and about all weekend - Doing A roads. Motorways and small country roads. The weather down here has been horrible, so the car is now filthy. All my expectations have been surpassed. This car really is a phenomenal beast. It has so much strength and power. The sound it makes is perfect, not intrusive but always there. Give the throttle a little gas and the Exhaust note responds with a gurgle then a below if you keep pushing!! First gear is a hard gear to drive away in as the car just wants to pull you up into 2nd very quickly. I think over time I will master this, but a t present my slow pull away from standing is a bit snatched.

I have given the engine a bit of a push on occasions, even up to 5000rpm on a couple of instances (but backed off quickly). I guess the biggest thing about this car is the amount of Torque it delivers at low revs (something I am not used to in my old 16v!)

I have a couple of questions for those more familiar with MK4's than I am.

Q1) The handbook mentions an "auto fold in" function for the drivers mirrors ?? They are heated on the R32 but I cannot understand how this can happen?? Or as I suspect this feature does not appear in the UK.
Q2) On my old car (mk3 16v) when I pressed the locking button on the key fob the windows and sunroof automatically closed. I cannot seem to find how if at all this golf does this??

The only annoying thing is that I commute to work in London by Train and as such the R32 is left alone all day, I will only really be able to drive at the weekends, such a shame but would not fancy driving into the city each day. I would be worried sick that someone would damage or steal her. I will get some nice pictures next weekend after I have cleaned and polished her AGAIN."

Christian

Posted my Cupra R thoughts on the Leon R review.

Ive sort of enjoyed the Cupra. Wont miss it though. Looks nice, but the drive has never excited me. Maybe Ive been spoilt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm interested to see how I get on with the R32 in comparison or whether it will be up on Autotrader before Feb finishes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif At least with the demand for R32's and mine being in Pearl Blue I wont lose loads, but can add it to my list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jonathan

My baby

Side-Front.jpg

Niiiice. I looked on the MkIV site to see your pics but they are not there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So I thought I might find you here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Couple more at

www.r32.org.uk

New Camera and my first quick go at getting pictures online

Jonathan