1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone with Shark or AMD/Revo S3 remap in Berkshire?

RedDejavu Jan 13, 2012

1. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

Hi guys would someone be so kind and take me for a quick spin in their car so could finally make my mind up. Hasitating a bit between Shark and AMD/revo, money wise Shark is good deal atm but not sure if its agressive enough for my needs:]. Would be great if someone could of help me out. Happy to put petrol money, buy a lunch or borrow my missus for a weekend;).

Cheers

2. Cheese

Cheese Member

I have an AMD remap. It is Stage 2. Not a great demo car as I am having intermittent clutch slip at the mo...:scared2:

jsh likes this.
  3. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 DSG

You do know that Revo will let you try their software on a demo basis?

4. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Team Sepang Audi S3

I am in Gerrards Cross, Bucks and am going with Revo. I have been in S3 8p's with AmD and they are very good but in my opinion not quite as agressive as Revo. I had Revo on my 8L and it was undoubtedly the best £400 I have ever spent on a car mod.

Not sure about Shark but I will be getting my Revo done next Friday when I am back from the States.

5. RedDejavu

I didnt know will try to give them a call and see what they can do for me then if not I will nag Forbzeee once hes back fro States;).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  6. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 DSG

Revo | Audi

7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Why not give Simon @ amd surrey a shout, top bloke, great tuner.

8. Cheese

Cheese Member

Might I suggest that a few of us in the area meet up one weekend or evening? RedDejavu wants to have a go in a Revo and AmD tuned car. I would be keen to be taken out in a car with a Bilstein coilover set up (or similar) before I shell out...

I live near M3 J4 and work 9 - 5 around M4 J10.

9. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Given the expense of modifications these days (e.g. 400 for a filter and drainpipe!) it would be good to get to see some other members efforts and experience them as a passenger. Used to have a Bracknell meet at SCN years ago to compare notes.

10. RedDejavu

Had a chance to use one of mine mates S3 with revo map and I must say its phenomenal! Absolutely how S3 should came out of factory. So aggressive and punchy. There is some extra noise as well! Defo gonna get it next month. I just pray for no hesitation issue

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  11. warren_S5

Spot on, good choice!!

Before you buy check what deals are about as there have been free SPS deals and money off deals.

12. andywaddy

andywaddy Member

I had the Shark remap on Saturday...it's outrageous! I absolutely love it! It's like night and day to be honest...and the extra noise from the boost is awesome...although I bet my neighbours don't think so lol. Either way, I don't think there is much in it between Revo and Shark. I'll be creating a thread later today about my whole experience with Shark and how the car feels now.
    Also...I seem to have avoided the dreaded hesitation issue :) though I did change the plugs straight after it was mapped it should be noted.

13. warren_S5

Good news. I think in most cases it takes a while to surface unless your plugs have done big mileage.

Good to see its hitting the spot!

14. RedDejavu

Shark seems good alternative but REVO STS is so easy and efortless to use its incredible. You cant really go wrong with them.

15. andywaddy

andywaddy Member

Yeah on the face of it everything seems hunky-dory which is good news. The car itself has only done 1600 miles so I probably didn't need to swap the plugs out but I just thought better to be safe than sorry.

I keep trying to find roads with rows of tall buildings/houses because the noise is bloody lovely! I don't know if it's just a placebo effect but the exhaust note seems to have gotten drammatically louder and I can't get enough of that turbo whirl!

All in all, a job well done.

16. SR-71

SR-71 New Member

I'm also looking to get a remap guys..sorry to go off thread a bit but do insurance companies charge more for remaps?

17. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Glad your happy Andy!

18. Cheese

Cheese Member

Normally about an extra 10%.

19. RedDejavu

depends who you are with, normally I pay extra 30-40 odd quid