Anyone with OEM bluetooth...

SmoothAssault

Will design for mods
Reaction score
Website
www.matteasom.com
I only figured out how to connect my phone to the OEM bluetooth that came with the car on Saturday. Seems the code to pair the devices was just 1234 (I think I tried EVERYTHING but that!!?).

I currently have a big ugly cradle thing bolted the the centre console that I've been quoted £40-60 to repair the holes in the dash if I remove the cradle myself, which is easy enough. It appears to be for an ancient nokia and so needs to go as I'm quite happy for my phone to just sit in the space next to the hand brake as it fits there perfectly.

But, my question...

Is there any way to answer and hang up a call without pressing any buttons on the actual phone? Surely the whole point in bluetooth hands free is that you don't need to faff around with your phone?

Cheers.

"MFSW" - Multi-Function Steering Wheel? Nope, not got one of those. And not got any built in navigation either.

So I'm guessing that without some very expensive upgrades I'm not going to fully hands free?

:sob:

There isnt much options then. That phone crdle thingy looks too Sales reppy.

Can other phones be adapted to fit on to it.

Could you not find a nice neat cradle and install it using a Brodit mount or similar? As long as the phone is in the cradle when you press a button you will fully be complying with the law as it won't be 'hand held'.

Or set the phone to auto answer maybe?

agreed with the previous comments: unless you have the satnav / mfsw, there's unlikely to be any way...

OEM B6 MFSW: you can answer it with the middle left button (I think)

OEM B7 MFSW: (like mine :footy:) press the left scroll wheel in to answer/end the call.

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

There's also a button on the satnav screen that gives you and answer / end call option - does anything come up on the headunit when a call comes in or is it just up on the DIS?

How do you bring you address book up on the DIS screen or confirm which number to call?

Oooo, so many things to try!! I have a samsung Omnia that does just about everything under the sun, so I'm sure it has this auto answer feature.

Lostbok, I'm so jealous of your steering wheel, I can't even describe, lol. Must have cost the earth!?

When a call comes in, the head unit display changes to "phone" my music turns off and it rings through the speakers until I accept the call on my phone. The DIS display shows the phone number that is calling. To end the call I have to hang up by ressing the button on my phone. And in case it is relevant, I don't have full DIS; just the miles remaining.

If I can get the phone book display to show up on the DIS, I haven't figured it out yet.

As for a nice cradle, I'd be happy with the in-arm rest style ones I've seen for the iphone. Especially if I can get this auto-answer feature working.

Thanks for the help guys.