Anyone with KW coils v3 I have a question

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Got my coils installed on sat... but having some weird noises coming from them...
Almost like a squelching noise / squeak... hard to describe really... happens even on minor bumps and at times round abouts...

Any idea's?

Are they brand new?

Who fitted them?

Where exactly is the noise coming from? front or rear? which side?

As far as I know, the V3's are dampening adjustable, so you would have a valve at the top or bottom of the shock to increase or decrease the stiffness of the shock? this could be leaking.

You could just have a loose bolt at either end of the car - go over them again and see if they require tightening.

I have V3 for almost a year now. This happens to you when its cold out side, a little squeakky noises from the front. You can improve that by just slightly adjusting the damper settings, bescause the rings inside the coilovers that regulate the damping sometimes can be in that position so that they just make that noise. Dont worry everything is OK with your coilovers, it will go away as soon as the temp. outside rises just a little bit. :)

it's related with cold weather and oil viscosity in them. the lower the temerature is the higer viscosity gets (bigger resistance of oil). it should probably be gone with higher temperatures :think:

I have V3 for almost a year now. This happens to you when its cold out side, a little squeakky noises from the front. You can improve that by just slightly adjusting the damper settings, bescause the rings inside the coilovers that regulate the damping sometimes can be in that position so that they just make that noise. Dont worry everything is OK with your coilovers, it will go away as soon as the temp. outside rises just a little bit. :)

Interesting and good to hear it's benign.

Mine do this as well,and I've been trying to find out why!

Hi Guys,

Yes brand new and installed by AMD... was reading my manual aswell and apparently suppose to have 2 small allen keys?
that the heck are those for... and I don't seem to have them in my bag of bits that i was presented with...

I got a small paperclip looking thing and 2 spanner type things guess I'm missing stuff.

On another note what setting do you guys recommend for daily driving.?:)