Anyone with a 'non-dealer' warranty?

nimby

Reaction score
Right, 6 weeks until my Audi Dealer warranty expires, it was £350 at the time and it has saved me a small fortune I reckon as my 52 S3 has needed in the past 10 months; drivers door lock, boot switches, tank sender units, fog lamp, instrument cluster, hazard light switch and it's going back in as the tailgate is opening randomly and the headlamp washers have packed in. I've dealt with the rear washers myself.
The dilemma is Audi now want £1064 to renew the warranty, thats a lot. My question is, do any of you guys have and/or recommend any other warranty or do I hope that all the common faults have been rectified and not bother. Mechanically excellent (touch wood) so nothing imminent there.
Have looked on the web and £500 seems the average but they seem a bit of a minefield, any advice welcome except buying a Haynes manual and a tool set, my days for major work are sadly over.

Hi, I bought my S3 privately in September 2009 and bought a warranty from Warranty Direct, and in all fairness they were brilliant when my clutch went and I also needed a new flywheel. The clutch wasn't covered naturally but they DID cover the flywheel and all the labour.

id suggest reviewing all through google..... any excuse not to pay out mentality shared by all

Is it really worth it now??

Sounds like you have had a fair bit of work done already, so maybe worth just going without and if any issues occur, get them done on as PAYG basis, there is ALOT that they wont cover, and as Tim says already, they will try anything to get out of not paying, so maybe better, just keeping in touch with a good local independant garage, should anything go wrong.

All good advice, thanks. This is my first car from a dealer and I suppose I've been spoiled with their courtesy cars, pick up and return etc. Think I'll forgo a warranty and go back to my excellent independant who has looked after all my previous cars.

to be fair it sounds like you have been very unlucky with whats been changed so far...... most of us have the ongoing things to change, i can honestly say that a warranty for me would have been a waste, and ive replaced most of the bits that are likely to go under the bonnet :)