Anyone want to swap non ashtray for mine?

Staz

is a retronaut
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Because I think the ashtray section looks great on A3/S3s I didn't tick the non smoking pack option on the list. I didn't know however that when you have a double din HU the tray behind is a lot smaller. I use this tray to fit my MP3 player in and now it's not big enough to hold it safely.

Although I really like the look of the ashtray would anyone with non smoking pack like to swap that section? There have been people on here before wanting to retrofit so I wondered if they were still interested.

If not can anyone tell me a part number, price and instructions for fitting the non smoking pack tray please?

Many thanks.

Leon

8P0 063 301 A 4PK - Soul Black
8P0 063 301 A 6G6 - Indigo Blue

ETKA lists it at €8.20+VAT. VAGParts.com have it for £7.57.

Installation is just a case of removing the existing ashtray and slotting the bin in. Two torx screws in front of the gear lever hold it in place.

I the non-smoking pack on my car too and find I get much more use out of the storage than I did with the ashtray in my old A3. I had the symphony II in my last A3 and found the ashtray to be a complete waste of time. There's little enought storage in the A3 anyway, and the tiny ashtray was too small to be of any use.

I had a chorus in my A3 and the tray behind the ashtray was perfectly adequate. I didn't realise that with the double din it was so much smaller.

Can you give me a bit more info on how to get to those torx screws please? I am a bit nervous about pulling my new car apart, just took apart my step mums washing machine and snapped a bit of plastic off because I pulled the wrong way!

EDIT: I have found some guides MarcQ. Thanks for your help :arco:

EDIT:2 Just tried calling Bedford audi for a stock enquiry and he couldn't find either of those numbers Marc. After spending 15 minutes on the phone he was all ready to order me in the ashtray insert until I enquired what he meant by 'insert'. Another 3 minutes of explaining and he's going to call me back when he can find what I'm talking about.

Here's the link to VAGParts' product page:
https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=154811e5488c3ca/shopdata/0010_Audi/0030_A3+2003+onwards/0010_Interior/0070_Ashtray+insert+/product_details.shopscript?article=0010_A3%2Bnon%2Bsmokers%2Bashtray%2Breplacement%2B%3D288P0863301A%3D2A%3D2A%3D2A%3D29

Funnily enough, I've had to remove my ashtray insert today. You have to remove the gearlever surround, then undo the two torx screws, then remove the two bolts in the grab handles, jiggle it a bit and out it comes. More difficult than I remember from when I did it a year ago.

I took it out today just to try it out. It's very easy once you have the balls to pull the gearlever surround! lol

I am still waiting for a call back from the parts desk :search:

I wish I had just ordered from VAG parts in the first place! I'd probably have it monday!

It is listed in ETKA as "Shelf/Stowage Compartment". Get him to search for centre console and it will show him he following:

A3StowageCompartment.jpg

Mint! If he can't find it with that I'm going to kick off!

Cheers Marc