1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using the rSAP adaptor?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by VRStu, Dec 1, 2008.

1. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

Been looking at is for a few days now and much as I'd like to give it a go I think £300 is a bit strong.

So, is anyone using it and what does it offer over the normal BT connection? I know the antenna will be connected and apparently battery usage is lower.
  2. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

I thought the rSAP connection was only available in MMI equipped cars?
  3. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

4. Nelson_R32

Nelson_R32 Member

The rSAP adaptor is a really nice piece of kit, I always recommened it for vehicles with GSM Phone Prep (providing you have an rSAP phone of course!)

The main benefits are;

* The rSAP cradle adaptor is flexible so can be used with a variety of different
    handsets. This makes it future proof for compatibility with new handsets

* “Mobile phone preparation – Low” already has a Bluetooth connection but this only
    operates in a mode called “Hands Free Profile”. This means that although calls can be
    made and received using the car, the phones antenna and battery are operating at
    full capacity when making and receiving calls. The rSAP cradle adaptor uses the cars
    external antenna and power supply to make and receive calls which improves call
    quality and reduces handset battery consumption.

I can do 10% off the £300.00 RRP before Christmas should anyone want to do a Group Buy? Would need a minimum of 4 people to order to do this price :)
  5. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

I don't know that you'd get 4 but if that was a delivered price I'd give it a go.