1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using IE7?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OutLore, Nov 10, 2006.

1. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Nov 10, 2006]
    Is anyone using Internet Explorer 7? I mistakenly added it to my recently rebuilt laptop (I was rushing and clicking yes to everything) and it's causing me all sorts of issues....

Now, I am one for not changing the software that I like, hell I would still be using Windows 2000 if Sony made drivers for it for my laptop, but IE7 is using 50% - 80% CPU usage and up to 100MB RAM per open page!!!! It's so bad that typing this post is a nightmare, it keeps hanging for a few seconds, (probably due to the smilies)!!!!

Anyone else got this on IE7, or is it just me?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. joost

joost Active Member

[Nov 10, 2006]
    I'm using it. Doesn't seem too bad as regards the CPU usage. Only problem I seem to be having since install is that the mouse pointer occasionally develops trails and is a bit sluggish to respond. Apart from that, none to report.
  4. Peloton

Peloton Member

[Nov 10, 2006]
    I'm a bit of a Firefox faithful I must admit. Used it for years after I got pissed off with the dodgy toolbars that would appear on IE with almost everything you installed.
  5. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Nov 10, 2006]
    I'm using it, haven't encountered any problems YET. I used firefox before my PC crash, but ie7 has pretty much the same features as firefox so I've just kept it.
  6. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Nov 10, 2006]
    It must be just me (or my aging Vaio anyway) then...

Problem solved. Upgrade to IE6.... lol
  7. skanky

skanky Member

[Nov 10, 2006]
    the one thing i didnt like about ie7's session restorer was that it would always open a new instance of the home page when tabs were restored.

see if the website is the problem, on ff i have memory usage problems that have multimedia (flash etc) content on the page.
  8. pimpeda3

pimpeda3 Member

[Nov 10, 2006]
    using ie7 and its brilliant.....