1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone used one of these....

mikehturbo Apr 11, 2011

1. mikehturbo

mikehturbo New Member

Hi all

My Air con flaps twitching / fidgeting have just about done my head in so I'm looking into readingthe codes of the climate control system to see whats going on.

Now I used to have the old type vag-com for my older mk4 golf but that wont work on my 8P A3 I'm told i need VCDS with a genuine lead to get it working - which being £152 is a little (alot) too much for me to just check this one problem! I did purchase an Ebay lead but I have never succeeded in getting it to work with VCDS
    Anyway having been looking around I have come across this little unit on ebay for under £50
    [​IMG]

Has anyone ever used one? any good?

Many thanks in advance

Mike

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Its a scan tool, not even close to what vcds will do mate, tbh you wasted money on a counterfeit cable, now you may potentially waste more money on this, why not stop wasting your money & tbh allot of time & go all in, buy genuine chap.

3. mikehturbo

mikehturbo New Member

bump...

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

TBH mate its a code reader, its in no way even close to being as useful as vcds, given you need to ideally do a basic setting of the climate to reset flaps etc then not sure this will suffice or even help at all.

I do sell the genuine cable, but £152 isnt enough sorry.