anyone used one of these....

mikehturbo

Reaction score
Hi all

My Air con flaps twitching / fidgeting have just about done my head in so I'm looking into readingthe codes of the climate control system to see whats going on.

Now I used to have the old type vag-com for my older mk4 golf but that wont work on my 8P A3 I'm told i need VCDS with a genuine lead to get it working - which being £152 is a little (alot) too much for me to just check this one problem! I did purchase an Ebay lead but I have never succeeded in getting it to work with VCDS
Anyway having been looking around I have come across this little unit on ebay for under £50
untitledx.jpg

Has anyone ever used one? any good?

Many thanks in advance

Mike

Its a scan tool, not even close to what vcds will do mate, tbh you wasted money on a counterfeit cable, now you may potentially waste more money on this, why not stop wasting your money & tbh allot of time & go all in, buy genuine chap.

TBH mate its a code reader, its in no way even close to being as useful as vcds, given you need to ideally do a basic setting of the climate to reset flaps etc then not sure this will suffice or even help at all.

I do sell the genuine cable, but £152 isnt enough sorry.