1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use a car cover?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by KARL, May 1, 2009.

1. KARL

KARL Member

[May 1, 2009]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. RAPS3

RAPS3 Well-Known Member

[May 2, 2009]
    The only issues with car covers are they scrach the hell out of your paintwork - unless yur car is immaculately clean before you put it on. You get micro-rub and all kinds.

Quite a few guys at work use them (we have some minor chemical fall out occasionally) and their paintwork is ruined. Drive to work picking up all kinds of **** and then put on the car covers. :keule:

There is also a guy who lives a couple of doors away from me who has an Evo who covers his and its also scratched to pieces.

I do sympathise with you though with the tree sap. When I park on the mother-in-laws drive my car gets covered off their sycamore tree. I try not to park under it now though as its a bugger to get off.

I'd stay away from the car cover to be honest. What about a carport?

Or a chainsaw :ninja: :weight_lift2:
  4. mac1403

mac1403 Member

[May 2, 2009]
    Cut the trees down LOL
  5. firebobby

firebobby Member

[May 2, 2009]
    Not really the same but, I have one for the Elan! it is a made to measure one though, and the car is always washed and dried before the cover goes on.
    regards
    Dave
  6. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[May 2, 2009]
    I've also read the warnings about car covers scratching paintwork, although that was before using it twice before on our Sportback before going on holiday each time. Even when they're fully secure they still move around in the wind. My advice would be to clean the car thoroughly and put as much wax or polish on as possible!