Anyone unlocked an iPhone 4s on vodafone?

wesmaster

Reaction score
as per title, anyone done it themselves successfully ?
If so how? Dont want to jailbreak it though.
Thanks

I paid for factory unlocking through eBay for about £25-£30 pounds. Works perfectly and forever locked then through apple.
The only other way is jailbreak I believe but it's not as good as factory unlock

I paid for factory unlocking through eBay for about £25-£30 pounds. Works perfectly and forever locked then through apple.
The only other way is jailbreak I believe but it's not as good as factory unlock
Do you mean it was forever unlocked?
How long does it take?

Yeah forever unlocked. The companies have accounts with Apple and they put in a request to Apple to unlock the phone and apple do it on their system so next time you plug your phone into your computer and connect your phone to iTunes, it unlocks it.
You can update to all new releases of ios too then with it staying unlocked because it's done through Apple.

I think they say it can take up to a week or something but normally it's within a couple of day or less

as above thats the best way and its unlocked at apple server so still get all updates
can take from a day to 4 weeks
orange are the worst can take upto 3 month

I got mine done through Orange, cost £20 iirc. Was done within a couple of a weeks. Definitely the best way to do it.

Vodafone should do it for you, they send the request to Apple. O2 did it free while I was in contract with them.
I got a text to say it was ready to unlock.
Insert a NON Vodafone SIM card then connect to iTunes, it will take a few minutes, then you'll see 'congratulations your iPhone has been unlocked' or similar on iTunes.

Thanks. I filled in the online form, waiting for Voda to sort it. If not sellers on eBay are doing for £30.
Thanks for the replies.