Anyone tried these Bose speaker replacements?

personally I'd go for an aftermarket speaker & buy a plastic adaptor/make your own from MDF.

Although you wont really notice much difference until you get a decent aftermarket amp.

The above does look like it would fit the door speakers, but if you have a 3 door it wont replace your rear speakers.

Most aftermarket speakers will be 4 ohm though, the Bose setup uses 2 ohm speakers, whilst the 4's will work I should think they will be alot quieter from what I understand as I looked into it back along myself.

A lot of amps put out the same power at 2ohm and 4ohm. Can't comment on the bose one though.

You're probably right

I don't want to go down the route of replacing the amp and aftermarket speakers, too many things higher up the list to spend money on!
I've replaced one front speaker with a genuine one from Audi at £45. Think i'll take a chance for the sake of £25 and see how they are. I'll report back as may be of interest to others with knackered speakers.

Reactions: kwistof
Seen a link for these ages ago and wondered if anyone had tried them and can confirm they fit and what the quality is like as they're half the cost of new ones from Audi...

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php...Driver_for_Bose_802_MkII___MkIII&id=JAM208BK#

Probably me who posted the links you saw.

These drivers work fine and sound just as good as the originals, quality appears to be the same. They replace the front and sub drivers too.

The Bose drivers used are a standard Bose part, not unique to audi, they originated from studio & PA speakers.

Not really viable to use aftermarket speakers with the Bose setup, jut rip the lot out if you want yo go that route.

The drivers aren't that bad tho, they are used in Bose studio gear costing thousands of pounds.

It's ohms law.

Volts x amps gives you watts, volts divided by ohms gives you amps. Can work it out from there

I have been meaning to replace the passenger door speaker for a while let us know how you get on!

Well they certainly fit ok. The terminals aren't spade connector type, more of a spike but not a major issue. Sound wise to me it just doesn't sound quite right, I think it's quieter than the other speakers. To my untrained ear it sounds slightly unbalanced. If you're looking for a cheaper option and not too fussy I would say they are worth a go but assuming you can still get the Bose ones from Audi (you could a few months back) I would probably stick to them.

Seen a link for these ages ago and wondered if anyone had tried them and can confirm they fit and what the quality is like as they're half the cost of new ones from Audi...

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php...Driver_for_Bose_802_MkII___MkIII&id=JAM208BK#
Hi. i have purchased the aftermarket drivers for the bose professional range of speakers, the 4.5"(maybe 5") are 0.9 ohms nominal impedance, in other words not suitable for car audio, they are however used in numerous bose units accross there range. Mixing these up with origonal drivers as i have masks what they perform like. Would like to know who actually makes them. Even a well used driver on ebay may cost £30.00 (feb 2015) you can see why people buy these.... No one makes 1 ohm drivers other than bose and the factory banging out these!!!!!!!. Hope this helps