1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone tried Led indicator bulbs in their B8's?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by vw754, Dec 15, 2013.

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

just wanted to know if anyone had tried the led indicator or reverse led's(off e-bay) in their B8 cars?if so how did it go?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

No but I tried them in the convertible and they didn't work. Didn't think of trying them in the avant.

4. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

ok,cheers........im sur someone must have tried in the b8.....we'll wait see if someone has

5. OFFSKEE

OFFSKEE Member

Canbus errors are very common across the audi range as you maybe aware and LED side light options are limited. Some have had good results but most haven't. I have seen some good results from using Cree LED bulbs mainly used as reversing light bulbs but are not cheap but be aware of cheap copies from China these can be hit and miss. If I can track down the successful LED sidelight threads on the TT Forum I'll pop a link up on here ;)

6. OFFSKEE

OFFSKEE Member

7. viceroy

viceroy Active Member

Reverse lights in the B8 can be coded to ignore errors, and thus work with any LED bulbs.

8. hollow

hollow Well-Known Member

yes i made some to fit the b8 ,but had to modify the lights to get them in . i used 6 cree 3w leds and drivers in each indicator ,as they were the only ones bright enough in daylight .